Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Weekly Scribblings -- A New-to-us Poetry Form, the Waltmarie -- Waiting for You

Photo by Margaret - I Previously posted October 30, 2015 

(Waiting for my forever love) 

I'm in wait mode longing for you
   Please come 
And sit with me once more, make love 
   to me 
My bench is empty since you've gone
   again 
I miss you so terribly much 
   sidewalk 
Is wet, clammy, makes your nose run 
   not good

(I'll shoo away the leaves and squirrels) 
  _ _ _ _ 

The Waltmarie form has two syllables for every second line.  They should make a ten syllable poem independently.
 _ _ _ 

Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2015, All Rights Reserved 
 - There Rosemary describes the poem form more and had links for others of us trying this new to us form.
 _ _ _

Today is Mrs. Jim's and my 48th Wedding Anniversary 

 [ http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2013/01/feline-friday-another-alley-cat.html ] 
We were departing from Auckland, New Zealand, on a three week holiday, around NZ down and to the west, then west to Tasmania,  and up to Sydney, Australia, where we stayed four days. Our 2012-2013 Australia and New Zealand Holiday,  

I am scheduled for my left eye cataract surgery tomorrow.  I had the right eye done two weeks ago, it made as big difference helping me to see clearly out of it again.  Mrs. Jim has had hers several years and loves them.  BTW, she is a bit younger than me, not too much though.  I was waiting until I failed the driving test for my license renewal.  I didn't' wear glasses except some times to read small print. 

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:10:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Lovely write (and lovely photo),Jim!

 
At Wednesday, February 24, 2021 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Interest poetic form Jim. It is good to see you have visited both New Zealand and Australia. (when we let visitors in!)

 
At Wednesday, February 24, 2021 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

You've handled this form so well, Jim!

I'm still thrilled with the results of my cataract surgery many years later. (Like you, one eye at a time.)

 
At Thursday, February 25, 2021 1:36:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

A touching poem, Jim, and I smiled at the final aside, ‘(I'll shoo away the leaves and squirrels)’. Happy 48th wedding anniversary to you both!

 
At Thursday, February 25, 2021 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Candy said...

That empty bench is so poignant

 
At Thursday, February 25, 2021 8:54:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Both photos speak volumes, I trust your Anniversary was lovely. A tricky form, I enjoyed this!

 
At Thursday, February 25, 2021 9:09:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

PS, three perfect sons♥️♥️♥️

 
At Thursday, February 25, 2021 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

That empty park bench is such a striking image.

Happy Anniversary to Jim and the Mrs.!

 
At Thursday, February 25, 2021 7:37:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Gallantly awaiting - I'm sure she showed up :) Nicely penned - this was a tricky challenge (my surgery has been postponed a bit so I get a few more days to enjoy myself :)

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2021 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Nithya Venkat said...

Lovely poem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home