Friday, April 12, 2019

Day 12 ~~ NaPoWriMo

Not here

My love for you won't be told
Hot and steamy like days of old
My mind gets wet down by the fold***
Dream of holding you tight. We can't

Once we were two just me and you
You went away out of the blue
No chance that we'll again be two
That night I'll savor, more we shan't

Wonder if you still remember
Our times, did what we meant end there
Sweet lass, I think of you ever
Wherever you noctivagant**

Nothing but memory alone
That's all that's left as you have flown
For you there's space saved 'side my moan
It's for you I lust though we can't
_ _ _ _

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Fireblossom in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/fireblossom-friday-love.html
        And
- I'm also linked with NaPoWriMo, Day 12, at 
http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twelve-7/

Notes:
  - ** noctivagant (Noc*tiv"a*gant).  See http://www.freedictionary.org/?Query=noctivagant , "Going about in the night; night-wandering".
 - Fireblossom has asked us to "write about love for someone who does not know you love them. The guy at the music store, the gal in the apartment across the hall. That actor on the screen, that character in your novel. You can write about someone you actually know or know of, or you can imagine someone..."

 - *** You can think of a few steamier words here, I calmed it down at third edit.

 - My poem today is of the Kyrielle form, I found at Lady Lee Manila's aka Ming Liu, Day 12 post, https://ladyleemanilablog.wordpress.com/2019/04/12/k-is-for-kyrielle-2/
"A Kyrielle poem is made up of 4 lined stanzas of eight syllables each. The capital being the refrain:
aabB
ccbB
ddbB
eebB "

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, April 12, 2019 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Thanks for participating.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 12:32:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

A good form for this poem. So sad.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

There is always one who stands out in memory.......I wrote about that one, too.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 5:10:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

The one that got away....sigh!

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 9:23:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Awww-- a very lyric poem that has a sweetness and sense of fun too. k.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Some aren't meant to stay..only the power of memories

 
At Saturday, April 13, 2019 12:22:00 AM, Blogger ladyleemanila said...

I love your poem :) btw, I'm not Ming, but it's OK

 
At Saturday, April 13, 2019 3:20:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I much admire the clever rhyming in your third verse!

 
At Saturday, April 13, 2019 3:48:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

It's sad indeed when all that's left are memories.

 
At Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

A sad poem of love that is written beautifully Jim! Wonderful rhyme in this.

 
At Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:44:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

"Once"... may we all look back fondly at our "once"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home