Monday, April 08, 2019

Day 08 - NaPoWriMo

In the Dark

When growing up I didn't like the dark
I had a flashlight hid 'neath my pillow
With it I could read to my heart's delight
All the stuff Mother wouldn't let me have

When I was growing up I was afraid
using the Lou at night out in the dark
The outhouse we had was out back behind
mother's chicken house backed against the grove

Begged my little sister come to my aid
She'd walk me there and back flashlight in hand
With sister guarding me and scaring the
buggers away I felt safer then

To this day I sleep having a light on
And having someone there to guard my way
- - -
Our Outhouse on the Farm 
Too bad the tree fell on it. Of course no one was inside, just a whole lot of memories left there waiting. You can buy a brand new one in kit form for around $449.00. Go here.
 - - -
The outhouse we had was a two holer
I don't remember anytime that there
were two people in there inside together.

Then why were there two holes? I may answer
in a few days. If you know tell me now
 - - -
 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2017 and 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Rommy in the Imaginary Garden at
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/poems-in-april-riddikulus.html?m=1
   And
 - I'm also linked with NaPoWriMo, Day 8, at 
http://www.napowrimo.net/day-eight-6/

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 08, 2019 9:12:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh yes, those outdoor loos were scary!

Two holes ... parent and child?

 
At Monday, April 08, 2019 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Goodness, I remember that walk. I didn't have someone who would go with me. Always so many more imaginary monsters when you're alone.

 
At Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:42:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I used an outhouse like that on a camping trip once. As an adult it was more a nuisance than a fear to use at night, but I imagine it would terrify a child.

 
At Tuesday, April 09, 2019 3:45:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

i still use a nightlight. Good to have company with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home