Thursday, April 11, 2019

Day 11 ~~ NaPoWriMo

M87's Black Hole

I never really understood 
the theory of the much talked about 
Black Hole

But I wake up this morning and 
learn that for sure there is 
such a thing

Google explained it briefly 
in an article telling 
why it doesn't quite fit 
the "Star Wars" image

That doesn't help me much 
so I'm going back to bed 
to think about it some more

And worry a little 

Today or tomorrow I'll read up 
on this from my eighth grade 
science book

In the meantime 
I'm saving the Google article 
in this 'link' here 

for all the world to read
 _ _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov  2019, All Rights Reserved
- I'm linked with Isadora Gruye in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/song-prompt-news-from-your-bed.html?m=1
    And
 - I'm also linked with NaPoWriMo Day Eleven  at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-eleven-7/
 - And on May 7th, 2019, I am linking it with dVerse at https://dversepoets.com/2019/05/07/poetic-theories-of-everything-and-anything/

 - Izzie prompting wants us to write something that will make us shrink in bed and pull a pillow over our heads
 - Wikipedia has an article about black holes. It gets pretty technical for me (link).  Here is a simpler discussion (link).

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:44:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I think you know more about astrophysics than you let on. I have been following this story since last week when it was announced that the picture would post this week.

 
At Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:51:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

It looks like the hole in a doughnut........not as strange looking as I would have thought. It's the big news of the week, hey, Jim?

 
At Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:30:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

It looks rather tame for all it is supposed to be. Looks can certainly be deceiving.

 
At Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

Literally news from your bed....clever!

 
At Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

It's always been there and we have been fine. Odd image, for sure.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 2:41:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Trying to get my head around the concept of black holes is enough to send me back to bed too, Jim!

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 3:15:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

It's all quite amazing!

 
At Friday, April 12, 2019 4:36:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Brilliant!!💜

 
At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Sabio Lantz said...

LOL -- and it ain't a picture of the black hole but of what the hole does. Much like a cloud chamber to high energy particles or our hearts to love. Smile

 
At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 9:37:00 PM, Blogger Dwight L. Roth said...

Sometimes I wonder why people worry about such things. Things that are that far removed from my realty can be put on the shelf! I have better things to do!!

 
At Wednesday, May 08, 2019 2:19:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Going back to bed is like retreating down a black hole, Jim, and is probably the best place to mull over the imagined and the ‘reality’.

 
At Wednesday, May 08, 2019 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

Thanks for joining in! I don't understand the science, but I find it fascinating. :)

 
At Thursday, May 09, 2019 1:01:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think the main problem with understanding a black hole is all about how dense it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home