Tuesday, October 16, 2018

an unusual Fish Story, true I say


Betsy lives in a tree

My fish lives in a tree
Not the way I would choose
She's a mind of her own
Tell you about my fish

Her name is Betsy Dear
Gave to me by Kellie
my youngest granddaughter
Betsy was hers at first

Misses and she found her
In the pet store down there
at the end of our street
Shiny black Betta fish

Fairly cheap she came here
Betta fish are two or three
or five or ten dollars
Class you buy high or low

At first she had no tree
and slept in her sand box
Kind Misses bought her one
A small tree just her own

She sleeps and swims around
All day long doing that
Come morn I lift her hood
She stays in the tree

Lingers, finish her dream
Is she dead or alive
Soon she comes for her food
Breakfast Ala Água

Why does Betsy live here
It's her home and her tree
Over "there" with Kellie 
There's allergy to fish 

And her little secret
It's between her and me 

 _ _ _ _
 - Photos [click on one to make it larger] and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - When I write in First Person hardly any of my poems are entirely true, generally they have some embellishment of facts all the way to being entirely fiction.  This one however, is entirely true except for our granddaughter's name.  On my blogs she is generally KP.
 - Betsy is in a small aquarium which I just cleaned yesterday, that is done once a week or more often.  The little people are antique Fisher Price "little people" that came with a toy.  Across the pond is another fellow from a MacDonald's Happy Meal, an orange haired fellow driving a ride his water vehicle of sorts.  Betsy spends time visiting with them but now she spends more time in her tree than visiting.
 - How to Play with Your Betta, a Betta Blogger post.


Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how delightfully odd - the fish in a tree! but I love it! fish are fascinating for what they do and don't .... and well, what a lovely little gift to you from your granddaughter :)

 
At Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

Ah, this is peculiar in an endearing way — that fish indeed has a mind of its own. I love how you tell this tale — I got a bit of a Roald Dahl feel in it. :-)

 
At Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

I'm Betta your granddaughter loves you very much. Sorry, I couldn't resist, this is really a pleasure.

 
At Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:05:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

A delight to read Jim. Truly enjoyed this fish tale!

 
At Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:39:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

This is wonderful... and at the same time a little sad (from the fish's perspective)

 
At Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

A lovely tale Jim..lol!..fish in a tree . A lovely gift, indeed!

 
At Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:36:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

It is not a fishy tale surely but a delightful fish tale more so a special gift from a special grandee. Love it Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Millie said...

What a sweet little poem. Betsy is lucky to have her own tree!

Teresa

 
At Friday, October 19, 2018 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Pat R said...

I love the idea that a fish lives in a tree. Your grand daughter must be delighted with that whole idea😊. Love it!!


Pat R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home