Thursday, September 27, 2018

A sad Poem -- for thinking

For us; 
  bad stewards of God's world 

Today I died
I died amongst the elephants
Dead ones and those who soon will die
Martyrs for man rich men who buy
Ivory trinkets adorn their bods

Today I died
I died amongst the living trees
Soon I'll  become a plank or spire
'Tree who lifted her arms to pray'
I'm 'renewable' won't be me

Today I died
Drop of oil amongst other drops
Died among barrels and barrels
'I'm here today gone tomorrow'
Generations away may mourn 

Today I died 
I died amongst the rubble piles 
Rubble piles of used throwaways 
Organic and inorganic 
Served humanity then I died 

 _ _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Sherry Blue Sky in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/09/wordy-thursday-with-wild-woman-earth.html?m=1

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, this is sobering and well done.

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:18:00 AM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

This is indeed sobering and very well done Jim - if only we would think past our immediate needs and wants...
Anna :o]

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

So much is dying. It is hard to recognize our world, compared to the one in which we once were young. Thank you, Jim, for saying this so well.

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

It is indeed a sad poem, Jim. I despair for elephants, forests, oceans - the whole planet. The repetition of 'Today I died' is very effective - the fading echo of Earth's heartbeat.

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

This makes me stop and think. Well written...especially the repetition- It really hits home!

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2018 3:17:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think we are all dying... slowly and dragging the world down with us.

 
At Friday, September 28, 2018 1:40:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Sadly even when you attempt to avoid waste, especially plastic, it is thrust upon us in every store. A fully wrapped item is placed in a plastic bag and then put in you own carrier bag, and then when you remove it you can see that most fruit has been sprayed with another plastic, probably too preserve it, which is impossible to remove!

 
At Friday, September 28, 2018 8:18:00 AM, Blogger  said...

I love these sections:

"Today I died
I died amongst the elephants"

"I'll become a plank or spire
'Tree who lifted her arms to pray'"

 
At Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:26:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Today I died
I died amongst the elephants.

Yes. Oh yes.

 
At Wednesday, October 03, 2018 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

We're all going to die anyway, but the quality of life is better when the world's not clogged with rubbish...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home