Monday, January 15, 2018

Bad News Poem

 
Mother's Silver Dollar
 
Other night I had this dream
Scream help but there wouldn't be
Got me! I screamed, no avail
 
So afraid, wanting to cry
tu prie,* don't tell my mother
Cover your dare I'll give in
 
Driven, Mon's treasure in hand
Underhand throw went askew
Into the Potomac, gone

Yon remains Washington's feat
_ _ _ _
 
Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo of the Potomac River was taken from the Georgetown University campus
 
 - I'm writing with Marian at the Imaginary Garden, at this link,  
 - Go there to see her writing's and referred help for writing Chained Rhyme form.  I did keep it though also written in Syllabic (seven) form
 - Notes:
   *"tu prie" definition: French for "you pray"
   I followed the rule for the form but too me it came out being a real dud.
   It also has exactly 55 words with the title, qualifying it to be a 'flash poem' but too late this morning to qualify for January 12's entry of Verse Escape.  Next week.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Monday, January 15, 2018 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Uh oh, but what was tossed into the river? I like this quick snapshot, such frustration on both sides.

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 8:21:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Thank you Marian, I changed it some, added a word, changed two words and added a line. Morning and sleeping on it also helped a bit.
..

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Frank C. Graves said...

That should read University of Maryland /)

 
At Monday, January 15, 2018 2:52:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

No luck if you throw away a silver dollar I think

 
At Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice story in this one.Glad the Silver dollar thrown into the river was only a dream

My response to this prompt

much love...

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:39:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Nicely done Jim! I have never heard the song you were telling me about on my blog, but I like it, and I can see the similarity to mine. I guess we all venture down a road that we should have detoured. :-)

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2018 3:37:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

My little pissant, apple of my eye
I didn't find her, she found me
Sugar and carmel, and maple syrup
All for me she is the sweetest

Feisty and wild yet a tamed kitty cat
Smart and sassy when needs to be
Clever lass she'll get her way, it's alright
By my side, I like her that way

Lititle pissant still, has my endless love
We've been married for years and years




"Needs improvement" first grade conduct report
"Talks too much"

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2018 3:46:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

My little pissant, apple of my eye 
I didn't find you, you found me
Sugar and carmel, and maple syrup
All for me you are the sweetest 

Feisty and wild yet a tamed kitty cat
Smart and sassy when needs to be 
Clever lass you'll get her way, it's alright 
By my side, I like you that way 

Lititle pissant, you have my endless love 
We've been married for years and years 
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home