Monday, June 23, 2014

Contradictions here?

 [click on the pictures to enlarge, click again for larger still]
[the back button will return you to the poem]

Send me 
.
Send me a letter, send it to Ophir
Ophir, Colorado, will do just fine
I'll be there in a day or two or three
One thing, darling, I'm missing you greatly 
.
I miss you in the morning, then at night
When I eat my noontime lunch, I miss you
My heart aches and I can't sleep, want you near
Send my letter, have it wait in Ophir 
.
The city lights, the hustle and bustle
They're getting to me, I want to come home
Home to you sweetheart, but I can't come now
Business at hand holds hope to make for riches
 .

 
Picture and Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
Today I'm linked with Kerry at the Real Toads, Open Link Monday (link)
 
Note:  Most of the 'poems' I write are written with the intent that they can stand alone, independent of the pictures.  A few like this one I wrote with standing alone in mind but also meant for play with the pictures.
 
Actually the pictures here are not what would be inferred (my hopes) from reading the poem.  The top is a genuine U.S. Post Office, open a few hours some days, several miles northeast of Telluride.  The lower picture is of Mrs. Jim and I out for a walk through the little hills, foothills to the great Colorado Rockies. 
 
There in 2008, we were visiting Colorado-summering neighbors on our return to Texas from Nebraska after completing the Blogstock 'o8 celebrations (link).  I think we have aged a little now over the intervening six years.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, June 23, 2014 7:24:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Hello Dr & Mrs Jim! :) This is a very beautiful photo.

Someone baked the chocolate molten lava cake for us. It was indeed a very lovely and delicious surprise :)

 
At Monday, June 23, 2014 7:36:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

thats a beautiful picture Jim!! and i loved the poem... i use to have a pen friend once smwhere from india only ... kolkatta actually... i love writing letters... still do... only the world is too modern for quill and paper now!! :)

 
At Monday, June 23, 2014 9:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely poem... I love getting handwritten letters - rarely do but then again I rarely write any - lost art, I'm afraid.

 
At Monday, June 23, 2014 8:43:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I love getting a hand written letter! Great photo and great poem!!

 
At Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

oh love this! and i used to live in a tiny spot with a similar USPS. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home