Friday, June 06, 2014

Dear Friends


[view from our back porch, early in the morning]
[please click on picture for larger size] 
 .
Dear Friends;
or, hit the highway, please 
.
I'm writing you today
because another year is here
that I won't be there,
to visit with you 
.
It's been a while,
your crops are in,
why don't you take a break
and come see us? 
.
We can do Houston in, like 
take a ride up the Ship Channel
on the Fire Inspection Boat. 
.
We can visit a museum or two,
Houston has over twenty-five
Restaurants a plenty too, eat ourselves silly
.
Or we can play a round or two of golf. 
Again Houston has a plethora of these,
so very many of the 1041 courses in Texas. 
.
And we can keep you busy
with other things, exotic shopping, picnics,
or go to the beach, to a park or two of the many,
and so on and so on.  
.
But most of all I'd like to see you all, here. 
We are getting old, our bones are tired.
Driving isn't as much fun as it used to be,  
.
and to be really honest,
it's your turn to come down to our place
..
Picture and Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

- - - - -

Today I'm linked with 'Herotomost' at the Real Toads, Lost Art (link)  

He thinks that letter writing is a lost art and has asked us to write a letter to a friend, a business, or most anyone.  I chose this one, but the message is correct to all my friends who live elsewhere, "please come stay a spell. "

 

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, June 06, 2014 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Looking good jim. Nice invitation.

 
At Friday, June 06, 2014 6:53:00 PM, Anonymous Herotomost said...

You know, I always feel bad that I live so far away from the rest of my family. My wife and I travel so we do go to their places more often than not and wish I get there more often. This letter tells a story of truth and understanding....it is nice to fuss over them when they come to visit and you wish they would visit more. Thanks for playing, I really loved this.

 
At Friday, June 06, 2014 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

People spend so much time feeling bad and guilty for not visiting one another...truth is it's hard to step out of the rut that is life and live outside the norm or comfort zone for awhile...for a visit. It's usually always worth it though.

 
At Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:26:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Sounds like a tempting invitation. Well done.

 
At Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if your friends won't heed the invite, I'd be very happy to! ;) Very nicely written!

 
At Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I think the art of visiting friends and family is also slowly dying.. why bother when there is facebook, email, texting etc? Seems we are losing more and more in the name of progress. I love the photo you shared - that is some view.

 
At Saturday, June 07, 2014 3:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing but nice things to say about this. and that photo ... you captured that so beautifully!! :)

 
At Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Yes! It's their turn. I feel that often. Philadelphia has a lot to offer. Nicely done.

 
At Sunday, June 08, 2014 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

It was years ago I visited Houston .. amazed to see palm trees ~~ and the beignets, oh my!!

 
At Sunday, June 08, 2014 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I live in Houston so it would be a short trip. :) We are leaving this next Thursday to visit family. Of course, they never make the journey down here. Our parents are gone so I am thinking, why do we bother?

 
At Monday, June 09, 2014 12:09:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

We can see your cute dog in the photo, Dr Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home