Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Stones, for? -- Open Link Mondays



Stones

Stones resemble us in various ways
Puffed up like lava ash or thick and dull
Shining bright like river bottom wet jade
Yet green in the gills when dry, rough and raw

Iron look, oxidized, yellow pallor
Large and small, heavy and light, young and old
Physical attributes all but do they?
Do they cry or feel sad when defiled?

Can they laugh, do they smile, or fall in love?
Love them we might but love never returned
Not made with a soul, the deadest of dead
Yet use them we will, they come in handy

- - -

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2013 and 2014 jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

- - -


Jim's "Stone Poems", http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Stones

Today I am linked with the Real Toads, Open Link Monday (link )

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, May 18, 2014 3:21:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Today, Sunday before posting I this but after I had written it, Mrs. Jim and I visited an old slate mine (the Redstone) in Wales U.K. I might have written on or included the slate pieces here. So I now have yet another "Stones" poem to write here on my blog.

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 12:59:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Many people collect stones from each place which they visit. Have a safe trip, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Vandana Sharma said...

They say" Faith can move mountains" , if we believe they have soul then yes they do..........

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I find stones both fascinating and beautiful. Thanks for your recommendation of the Thomas movie - I would love to see it. It is sad to think of so brilliant an artist drinking himself to death before the age of 40.

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

my brain kept trying to turn this into a sonnet as I read along. I'm glad it isn't, as of course stones are varied and don't follow rules. :) hope you are well, Jim!

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 2:24:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ah.. yes stones with their inertia have plenty of feelings.

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Stones hold power and memories for us. Lovely write

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Kathryn Dyche said...

I think many of us find ourselves drawn to stones. Love your musings on them here.

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Stacy M.S. said...

really love this poem. as a child i had a box full of weird rocks i collected...have no idea where that box is now, but i loved scouring for a new addition to my collection!

stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/

 
At Monday, May 19, 2014 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

This has a message ... plus it made me smile.

 
At Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that open, Jim ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home