Friday, March 14, 2014

Some National Pi Day Poems (a Pi-ku) # 05 -- To 'Let it Go'

 .
Pi Today
 
.Pi, a math constant
Pi "R" Squared -- Circle's domain
My pi is spelled pie 
.
They aren't always round
Deserts, my favorite kind
My pie is a cake 
.
 
 

Enough of the Senryū set, now, a Pi-ku ditty for "Let it Go"
 
 - -

 3-14
 
Three, one, four 
syl-
lables per line

Happy Pi
Day
to you and yours

- - - -
 
Photos and Poem Copyright © Photos and Poems 2014, Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
International Pi Day reading here (remember pi, aka π.)
I'm linked today with the Real Toads, "Let it Go" with Marion
 
Marion said, "And then write your (new) poem based on the idea of letting go, not holding back, just being yourself and no one else. Enjoy! 

 More of my Pi Day poems here


Today, March 14 (3-14 or 3.14) is Pi Day (link). Pi Day is celebrated mostly by mathematicians but you can join in on the fun, somehow. Me? I am writing thess Pi Poems for my blog. Perhaps next year I will write another Pi Haiku (3, 1, 4 syllables per line)

I am not a mathematician but I do have a math minor to go along with my bachelor of science in economics. For me that involved taking seven college math classes for a total of 21 semester hours.

Differential Equations, DE, was my most involved class that I completed. Advanced Calculus was my 'weedout' class, i.e. I dropped it before completion.
Read here to find out why this course "weeded me out."

 
 

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, March 14, 2014 4:07:00 PM, Blogger cosmos cami said...

Very fun. Now I'm hungry.

 
At Friday, March 14, 2014 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I take my Pi with an "e," too!

 
At Friday, March 14, 2014 7:54:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

"Let It Go" is a very catchy song, Dr Jim :)

 
At Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

don't hold back, Jim, let it go and eat that pie!

 
At Saturday, March 15, 2014 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Looks yummy to me ~ Enjoy the pie ~

 
At Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Loch Rob said...

Hi Jim, I hope all is well. We definitely had to make a "pi" yesterday. It came out of the oven at exactly 3.14159. Best wishes, Rob.

 
At Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Goodness you hit me in my addiction...I am a sweetaholic :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home