Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Adelle's Pony



Adelle's Pony
Adelle had a small pony
That there was no such critter
Adelle wouldn't hear of it
The pony followed Adelle
Wherever she was to go 
The pony would make water
Whenever they were to go
No one ever saw the horse
But Adelle swore he was real
Wet and round puddles, they were 
Those puddles proved to Adelle
The pony she had was real
No one ever saw the wet
Doesn't matter she would say
He's a boy, boys make puddles
 
- - - - -
..Picture and Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Today I'm linked with Susie Clevenger's Real Toads, Bits Of Inspiration ~ Maya Deren

Two of Maya Deren's poems (titled):

"Never Alone

1. Never alone! Never alone! There’s always somebody near Someone will follow me close to my bone. I’m never alone! Never alone! 

2. You may think that you are alone, But there’s always somebody near. That somebody finds out your secrets with ease, To your drawers he has all the keys.

3. ..."

"Untitled 
 
When rains come down to flood the town And earnest citizens really ought’er try to make and keep things sort’er dry…  I make water. 

When water’s rare and cattle’s dying and I’m as thirsty as can be and long for some water in me— God-damn it!  I still pee."


(a surprise completion of Never Alone and more of her unpublished poems is here)

Maya  (April 29, 1917 – October 13, 1961) was strange for her day.  Her movies used photography tricks, she was into Voodoo and studied and wrote enough to be an expert in the field and filmed actual Vodoun rituals extensively in Haiti.  Maya died at age 44, probably of malnutrition. (more -- Wikipedia)

Susie's instructions were to "Select a photograph, her movie, or her poetry [for inspiration] (or all three) and create a new poem." I used the two poems I copied above for getting my ditty started. You can see I was in a much lighter vein than Maya ever was known to be.

My picture was taken of a youngster in bringing for evening rest one of the ponys a person can ride at the Vauxhall City Farm in Vauxhall, Lambeth, London, U.K. (link)  Entrance to the park to visit the animals is free as are most publicly owned facilities in London, including the museums.  There is a charge to ride the horses.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I love the lighthearted feeling to this and how Maya's poetry inspired it. That is the beauty of creativity. Everyone sees and writes from a different perspective. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.

 
At Friday, June 13, 2014 12:34:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Thank you so much for sharing another beautiful photo from your trip, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 
At Friday, June 13, 2014 2:49:00 AM, Blogger avalon said...

I thought so!
It looked like somewhere in England because of the untidy back ground mainly :-) but then this didn't fit with your profile, living in Texas. Mystery solved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home