Friday, June 16, 2023

Where to Retire -- a Poem for Friday Writings

    A Town I Dream Of  

If there's a town in my dreams 
One where I would like to live 
Then I wouldn't remember 
'cause I don't remember dreams 

So I'm going to tell you 
Tell you some towns that I like 
Towns to which I'd run away 
There's Sydney, Australia 

Sydney is a pretty town 
Goes easy on their seniors 
A dollar lasts all day long 
All day rides the mass transit 

Seniors treated very nicely 
There but other places too 
Rio, Santiago, Rome 
Victoria, and Key West 

My slim budget says Key West 
Live on the street like a bum 
Food and bed, Salvation Army 
Chat with tourists, they will buy 

U.S Medicare works there 
Relatives will often come 
.. 
[click any picture for larger Key West viewing]
 




Chickens are birds, therefore protected species in Key West.  Also protected are cats.
Click on a picture for larger view.  It might get larger still if you click it again.
_ _ _ _ _

 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018 and 2023, All Rights Reserved  
 - Photos are from our 2018 visit, I blogged it here, 
    https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=KEY+west  [Earnest Hemmingway residence and garage second floor study are on the bottom post of three]
 - I am linked with Rosemary at the Friday Writings #81,  at  
 - Rosemary has asked us to write of "Which city do you dream of" 
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At Friday, June 16, 2023 12:00:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Key West seems like a scenic option!! Santiago sounds good, I haven't been there but thought I could walk the Camino trail when I was younger.. clearly no longer an option!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2023 5:43:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

That is such a nice picture of the two of you. I must add that any place that lets chickens roam freely like wild birds surely must be good at its core.

 
At Friday, June 16, 2023 6:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Key West sounds and looks like a very pleasant place to end up in.

 
At Friday, June 16, 2023 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Stacy Stevens said...

I enjoyed your poetic descriptions of places you may travel. Nice photos as well!

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2023 7:36:00 AM, Blogger jossina said...

Key west seems an easy and calculated retreat......hmm thought provoking...nice

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2023 1:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sydney is a beautiful city to live in especially on the beach or the harbour. but it is very expensive. Nice pic of you and the Mrs......Rall

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2023 3:37:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

Hmm, Key West sounds so historic and interesting. And it is the southernmost point of the continental US? Thank you for the pictures and the poem. :)

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2023 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

In 1959 I fell in love with Key West ... in 1984 I returned ... older, more sophisticated and fell in love all over again.

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2023 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

OH, the name of the Sydney beach I sunned topless on was Lady Bay!!! Not brave enough to take it all off.

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2023 11:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tour of the world! J Cosmo Newbery. Google hates me.

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2023 9:24:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I remember my dreams. But, like you, I don't dream of cities. I don't know if there is any place I truly dream of visiting... Maybe the small city in Mexico where my Piano Man and I spent our honeymoon. But it's the experience I dream of, not the place.

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2023 11:56:00 PM, Blogger vanderloost said...

Nice pics and post

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2023 2:00:00 PM, Blogger Mariya Koleva said...

They all sound interesting and you've done a great work presenting those cities! Also, nice pics.

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2023 7:18:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Sometimes I remember my dreams, but usually only the nightmares. Thank you for sharing this wonderful photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home