Monday, March 06, 2023

Trouble Brewing - a Poem for dVerse Quadrille

    Found Stuff from Drawers


 A Gasp and a Half 


Twenty-four hours ago 

I called the IRS 

Younger voice answered me

I had money to pay                      16


Was told I had to have

an ID in my file

She looked to see, was there?

Info ID needed                              20


I gasped out loud 

Of those I've none                         . 8

                                                    44 words 
        _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Sanaa and De Jackson for the prompt word, "gasp", at 
 - Their request is that our quadrille should be exactly 44 words, not including the title and include the word “Gasp” or a derivative of the word. 
 - To read other's writings, click here
.. 



Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 07, 2023 12:29:00 AM, Blogger David Bogomolny said...

Jim ~ this is so true to life ~ a real slice of human experience...

Sincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2023 4:41:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is incredibly evocative!

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2023 5:54:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

Kind of amazing you actually got a human voice to speak to. 😏

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2023 7:50:00 AM, Blogger Mrityunjay Dixit said...

So relatable, I see this happen with Dad and bank-people all the time, that gasp was audible.

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2023 1:33:00 PM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Happens with everyone at sometime or the other.

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2023 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aah! Don't remind me. I haven't had my run in with them yet, am sorting through papers now! A relatable write.

Pat

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2023 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Excellent poem.

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2023 11:07:00 AM, Blogger De Jackson said...

A gasp of a moment, indeed. Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home