Saturday, February 11, 2023

Blue and Bright - a Write for Sunday Muse

 

"Frozen" by Riamali

    Blue Eyes 

Blue eyes and blonde 
that's what I used to be 
Envy of all 
'swat they wanted to be 
Envious girls 

Crooned at my feet 
wanting to be like me 
Couldn't happen 
no way they'd be like me 
I's born like this 

I am a boy 
could it be I'm a freak 
Other boys tease 
teasing they make me blush 
Bright apple red 

Sat by the curb 
others admired my looks 
Muscles I have 
Fast and proud born this way 
I purr for them 

And when they swoon 
there is no way I'll cry 
I am so proud 
top down they make me roar 
I'm a Mustang 

I've had this car since I retired in 2001.  It is my retirement present 
from me to myself.  A 1998 Ford Mustang GT Convertible,
 _ _ _  

 - Botom Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov  2016 and 2023 Respectively, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Carrie for the top Photo prompt at the Sunday Muse,  
 - In August 2001 my 1998 Mustang GT Convertible, my retirement present to myself, became a Classic this year at age 25, read about it here.  Oh yes, in the two years before I bought it the lady owner had put 49K miles on it.  Now it has 108K.  

..

9 Comments:

At Saturday, February 11, 2023 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Nice twist here Jim. You had us thinking you were talking about something else! Love it! Have a great weekend my friend!

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2023 5:50:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

top down they make me roar
I'm a Mustang

Anytime a Mustang desired but unfulfilled wants for many young minds. For one moment Hank believes it to be a soliloquy and it certainly fits the bill. Great writing Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2023 7:40:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

Love that Mustang! I bet the girls still swoon!

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2023 7:44:00 AM, Blogger robkistner said...

Nice ride Jim… 🙂

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2023 8:04:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

What a twist & who doesn't swoon at convertibles? :)

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2023 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Keith's Ramblings said...

Brilliiant Jim, I wonder what my little red car would find to boast about!

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2023 1:02:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

At first, I thought you were heading in Frank Sinatra's direction ... I like the car more today.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2023 2:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great - AJ

 
At Saturday, February 18, 2023 7:32:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Neat twist with this one, Jim! Love the car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home