Thursday, February 03, 2022

Friday Writings -- my printer's set

[Jimmiehov 2008]

This is the magic machine that types large print. Did you ever know how it was done? 
 http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2008/02/magic-printing-machine-jim-bunch-eats.html  
 _ _ _ 

Black and white 

Black and white and shades of grey 
That is how my printer's set 
Clothes solid black so's my food 
Color is not for my eyes  
I'm a simple guy easily confused 

My dominoes solid black 
Count the numbers by white dots  
Socks that way too twelve pair black 
Toes in white, "Fruit of the Loom"
I'm a simple guy easily confused 

Ball point pens write with black ink 
Comb is black my toothbrush too  
Suit is all black tinted grey 
Tie's black and white checkered bow  
I'm a simple guy easily confused 

Even my hair once was black 
Now turning white splotchy grey 
Snow in my yard pearly white 
Ashes of black chimney spews 
I'm a simple guy easily confused 

Don't mix me up grey's okay 
My black shines bright frames my white 
White lies I tell they're for good 
Black peppered food's Cajun hot 
I'm a simple guy easily confused 

It's yes or no go or stay 
Pucker or smile laugh or cry 
Swallow or choke eat or drink
Dance or quarrel kiss or cuss 

One or other can't have both 
Like a simple guy easily confused 

[Jimmiehov 2022] 
_ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2008 and 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rosemary at The Friday Writings 12 URL page,
 https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/Friday%20writing%20prompts
 - Rosemary has asked "us to please write about color or the absence of color."

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, February 04, 2022 3:05:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha, that's a delight!

I looked up your magic printing machine. You must be having us on! The typewriters I knew only had one font size, the one that was on the keyboard, and we were stuck with it.

 
At Friday, February 04, 2022 7:30:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Hey there's something to be said for keeping things simple, especially if there's no advantage to making it complicated.

 
At Friday, February 04, 2022 10:43:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Paint it black, as the Rolling Stones say. I like 'even my hair was once black.' I can relate to wood ash on the snow. And I spent 7 years near Houston when MTV was good! I must say I'm confused about that typewriter or whatever it is.

 
At Friday, February 04, 2022 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

The typewriter was on display at a book and stationary store. My next youngest grandaughter then age six sat down at it and pretended to type. I put it on my meme blog as a fun post. Now she is a Georgetown Universit, Washington D.C,graduate with an honors Master Degree. She is on her second job in NYC with a business consulting firm as their number cruncher.
..

 
At Friday, February 04, 2022 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

This is wonderful! Love it :-)

 
At Friday, February 04, 2022 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, this is a delight! The older I grow, the more confusing it seems some days.

 
At Friday, February 04, 2022 7:25:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

One or other can't have both

Love the journey you brought us through, a very colourful journey it is. You also brought back memories of 'Fruit of the Loom' of times gone by, Jim!

Hank

 
At Saturday, February 05, 2022 1:26:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

Black or white is a good philosophy...yes or no, go or stay... yeah, I prefer that too!!! Also thumbs up to the black socks!

 
At Monday, February 07, 2022 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Some days, limiting our choices is a good strategy. The alternative can be frustrating and time-sucking. Other days, it's nice to get creative with a typewriter.

 
At Monday, February 07, 2022 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

Ha, I hope your toothbrush isn't black! Gray is definitely ok.
Wish I had my dad's old Smith Corona.

 
At Thursday, February 10, 2022 12:50:00 AM, Blogger rudraprayaga said...

Nice poem highlighting the hues black and white.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home