Saturday, January 22, 2022

Sunday Muse -- Flowering(??)

           (Photograph by Anita Sedberry 
                    Bottom last photo)
   
     A Beautiful Companion; 
        an elegy poem 

Little Rose I'm so sorry you were picked 
Plucked you
Bright and beautiful 
From where you were 
Princess of the beauties 

You haven't lost your beauty 
Yet 
But your beaming color won't last here 
I gave you all the water I could spare 

Your roots and leaves 
They had to stay 
Stay where you were planted 
Here there's no soil 
Nor room for that 

Dirt we have plenty 
It's not the kind 
Kind you can use 
It's mixed with grime 
Dead bugs rotting away
Grime and flakes of skin 
Skin from us here within 

Please the think the positive 
Think of the joy every morning 
Here in the dark and dank 
Mornings while you last 

But it won't be long 
They'll throw you out 
Out with the rubbish 
Junky and poo 
Not like where your 
Kin will be 
With the other mulch to be 

So let's toast 
Toast to the joy of the past 
The sunshine and showers 
Childrens' oos and awes 
Old ladies so wise 

And the friendly gardener 
The one and only who 
Was to coddle and care 
Care for you 
Trimmed your nails 
And polished your petals 
Fed you well
Watered too 

All that you have lost 
But your beauty still shines 
The only pretty here 
Not for long 
Make the best of what we've not 

That's my plight as well 
I'll ask my keeper 
If we can go together 
Away from this cell** 
To the paupers' grave 
Out on the hill 
  _ _ _ 

**Note:   Jailed man picture: The Nicolas Fouquet replica prison cell in the Vaux-le-Vicomte  cellar where we visited in 2009.

                (click on picture to enlarge)
  _ _ _ 

 - Poem and bottom picture Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022 and 2011(read my poem here), All Rights Reserved 
 - Top picture is my photocopy used as a Prompt Photo for our work by Carrie ar The Sunday Muse #195, posted here, http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2022/01/sunday-muse-195.html
.

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, January 22, 2022 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

A bright message flickers here my friend. A lovely poem for the image Jim!

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "Let's toast to the joy of the past" - which we tend to do a lot at this summing-up time of our lives.

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:20:00 PM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Heartbreaking.

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 3:02:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

"I gave you all the water I could spare " what we have to give vs. what is needed. Always a tough place to be.

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 4:07:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I love the story poems you gift us! For some reason your comments were coming thru as spam. I published them.

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Aw, [I gave you all the water I could spare] you did your best.
Thus elegy form is very interesting. Enjoyed your poem Jim

Much love...

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 6:52:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

Jim I gasped at your tragic ending. Makes me wonder what put them in this prison. There is some comfort in knowing they will share eternity side by side.

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 6:58:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I like what this image brought up for you. Poor rose.

 
At Sunday, January 23, 2022 7:44:00 PM, Blogger . said...

Makes me wonder who is 'we'.
Lovely rose....
picked
now on a pauper's grave.

 
At Monday, January 24, 2022 7:41:00 AM, Blogger Truedessa said...

There is a haunting sadness in this piece. Sigh…the loss feels heavy

 
At Thursday, January 27, 2022 2:06:00 PM, Blogger phillip woodruff (jalopy dreams) said...

"So let's toast
Toast to the joy of the past
The sunshine and showers "

i agree, let's toast to rain and the sun and everything in-between. well said jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home