Monday, December 27, 2021

Word List Poem - Jump


    Fickle 

Fickle was his last spoken word 
She'd broken his heart one last time 
Heartache.
Having the blues too mild for him 

He was off to do the Big J 
Jump.  
From a tall building he would Jump 
Jump and end a bundled heap 

Wounded and weary, crying not 
Naive. 
Believing a two-timer lass 
Ones like her drive men to the drink 

Drank he did, like a lonesome mate 
Highrise.
Look up, he's there on the flat roof   
One, two, three, Leap!! 
                  Down, 
                            down, 
                                       goodbye 

das Ende 


 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Shay for her Word Garden Word List #6 posted below.  http://fireblossom-wordgarden.blogspot.com/2021/12/word-garden-word-list-6-laura-marling.html?m=1 
 - My write is to have at least three of them.  I have used a couple more.
.
bell
blues
broke
bullshit
crying
December
dust
fallen
fickle
holy
hunter
lonesome
naive
peculiar
ring
sand
skin
spoken
wild
wounded
.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:08:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

A tale that has sadly happened many a time. Sometimes it is also wise to not jump into relationships. Nice to see you Jim. Happy New Year!

 
At Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:38:00 AM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Maybe he was expecting to fly.

 
At Tuesday, December 28, 2021 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

That happens. During my childhood I was mistreated badly by my father and I had thoughts about flying away even knowing that the next moment I would crash and die. Depressed?
..

 
At Tuesday, December 28, 2021 11:01:00 AM, Blogger  said...

I love the first line, even on its own, not telling me a speck of the rest of the story— just making me wonder. Your theme reminds me of one of my favorite songs—“Jump” by Julia Michaels. She will make you feel better. Listen to all of her songs today. I promise, you’ll see.

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2021 12:42:00 PM, Blogger phillip woodruff (jalopy dreams) said...

ah, i have known some women who have put me in a fickle mood for sure, and done my share of drinking, a saving grace really, too drunk to climb anything tall enough to kill me... saved by the bottle =) a sad tale my friend, and well written.

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2021 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Sunra Rainz said...

It's a shame it had to end like that. Somehow the words "das Ende" gave it such a "oh well, shit happens" sort of feeling. I feel bad that he succeeded in jumping and there was no intervention. Also impressed he managed to climb a highrise whilst drunk!

 
At Wednesday, December 29, 2021 6:27:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

How cavalierly some treat the hearts of others. May this end not come to the lovesick gentleman. May he find a warm and comforting place to place his head to grieve :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home