Thursday, December 09, 2021

Friday Writings - Keep that boy

Did your mother teach 

Did your mother teach you that 
Did she teach you how
How to skin a cat 
How to boil a duck 
Did your mother teach 

Did your mother teach you that 
Did she teach you how 
How to meet a boy 
How to keep a boy
Did your mother teach 

Did your mother teach you that 
Did she teach you how 
Give him lovin' he needs 
For sure he'll love you back 
Did your mother teach 

Did your mother teach you that 
Did she teach you how 
How to keep that boy 
How you feed him well 
Did your mother teach 

Did your mother teach you that 
Did she teach you how 
Give him your lovin' all 
Feed well keep doing it 
He'll stay on forever 
Love you back, your mother taught 

 - - - 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2012 (Flirty Guy photo, at Poland), All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Rosemary who for our prompt wanted up to six short poems from us.   - 
 - After reading some from a new Paul McCartney auto bio two volume new book I worked on a short six line.  But then instead I modified it and finished with what you see.   
 - The two-volume book, just out, is,  
 "Paul McCartney 
  The Lyrics 
  1956 to the Present".
The volumes contain the lyrics to every song he has written with its background and pictures.
.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, December 09, 2021 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed your repetitive sing-song piece. (And the prompted short poems were optional; one longer is just fine.)

 
At Friday, December 10, 2021 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You could almost set this to music, Jim!

 
At Friday, December 10, 2021 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I like this! It made me think back on what my mother taught me in regards to keeping a man! Actually, she never spoke of anything I "should" do. I guess that's to her credit, and surprising, as she was born in 1919 and "keeping her man" would have been any woman's goal!

 
At Friday, December 10, 2021 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

I've read the way to a man's hear is through his stomach 😊

Nice one Jim

Much💜love

 
At Saturday, December 11, 2021 2:36:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

....and hereion lie the secrets to keeping Mr.Jim a happy man! Works for most men, I'd guess. Thanks for passing Mom's lesson along!

 
At Saturday, December 11, 2021 3:37:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I haven't asked Mrs. Jim about these things but she has been doing well for almost 49 years. Her mom was swell and a good mother, she died in 2007.
..

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 2:35:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

yes sir, the poem can be set to music.
Mother knows best and teaches some of life's finest lessons.

 
At Tuesday, December 14, 2021 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

Wow, this is great! I love the way you've handled the repetition. I find myself tapping a foot as I read and nodding yes, yes, yes!

 
At Thursday, December 16, 2021 9:59:00 AM, Blogger J M Beames said...

Sage advice, Jim

 
At Saturday, December 18, 2021 4:32:00 AM, Blogger Tine de Jong said...

Agree with all the comments that you can make music out of this. But I taught myself everything because I had no parents just a foster mother who made me work a lot in their house after she took me out of the childerenhome earlier. And I want to forget very much that time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home