Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Muse - To the rescue

 


    I'm Just Fine 


I hadn't made it home that night 

Not that I didn't want to come 

I sat on this ledge here waiting 

But I must have fallen asleep. 


I'll be here for a while sleeping 

Please come back I'm very sorry 

Sorry and sad you couldn't stay 

But I'll be alright for this night 


You won't believe, an angel came 

She's here to protect me, just once 


"Singing Critters"

 - - - 

 - Poem and "Singing Critters" Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - Photo Prompt, the Angel, compliments of Carrie's nice find at The Sunday Muse #190http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/12/sunday-muse-190.html?m=1 

 - Note:  The Tiger in my Photo, "Singing Critters", was painted by Mrs. Jim.  She is a Tiger, an LSU Tiger.

.

10 Comments:

At Sunday, December 12, 2021 1:27:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

HI Jimmie - I feel like an angel has protected me so many times--often from myself. Thanks for this sweet poem. Have a wonderful Christmas--all the very best. Thanks as always. k.

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

We all need a guardian angel. This is lovely Jim! I am so glad you liked the photo.

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Dear Jim, just once is all it takes … love your poem.

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 4:06:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

There is a dream-like quality to your poem, Jim. I hope amends are made with his love and he's blessed to have been protected in his vulnerable time.

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 8:05:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

In the arms of an angel. 🙂

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 9:08:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is always nice when an ange comes right when we need one most. Nice, Jim.

 
At Sunday, December 12, 2021 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Cressida de Nova said...

Thank you for your interesting comment on my blog I am having probs with my computer lately...sorry you cannot access it Everyone needs an angel and you are lucky to have yours. Merry Christmas.

 
At Monday, December 13, 2021 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

Angels come in many forms and I think some do watch over us. Believe it or not…

 
At Monday, December 13, 2021 10:22:00 PM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Just the once...that phrase gives me shivers. This creates a vivid mood and a sense of fortune for the speaker. Also, the singing critters are adorable!

 
At Friday, December 17, 2021 3:11:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

Jim — May the joy of the season fill your heart here at the closing if the year 2021, and may peace abide in 2022. This is a most difficult time for our planet earth, and a time of turmoil for its peoples. May 2022 begin the way back! ✌🏼❤️🌎

 

Post a Comment

<< Home