Sunday, January 09, 2022

Sunday Muse -- Bongo drum player


Not as Planned 

This is not the way I'd planned 
I wanted to sing and play 
Playing my harmonica 
Song leader said bongo drums 
Jimmie you've got a bad ear 
Good rhythm for bongo drums 

I stayed with the group that gig 
Saw my doctor the next day 
He agreed my ear was bad 
So then I fired them both 
New director had no couth 
Said I could play radios 

That I did in my ear bud 
and stayed with the bongo drums 
 _ _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved   
 - I'm linked with Carrie at The Sunday Muse #193 for the Photo Prompt, http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2022/01/sunday-muse-193.html?m=1 
 - I wanted to  work my James Dean 1950 Mercury into this but timing was wrong for me.  
 - I was have been turned away from singing in a church choir a long time ago as I was told by the music director I had a bad ear.  Later I was told music teachers can correct that but I had given up singing instead.
.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, January 09, 2022 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

If it's any consolation, my precious Mother did not have 'an ear' for music. We girls would cringe when she tried awakening us in the morning with "Good Morning To You" .... I am quite certain you have "the rhythm!"

 
At Sunday, January 09, 2022 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

I imagine many are told they don’t have an ear for music. I think some defy the odds and become successful in their own way.

Sing on Jim… music touches us in a special way.

 
At Sunday, January 09, 2022 7:40:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

As long as you do what you enjoy.

 
At Sunday, January 09, 2022 9:32:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

Sometimes we stumble upon our strengths trying new things. Jim you got the beat!!

 
At Monday, January 10, 2022 10:48:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

I think we're missing part of this story! Cheeky fellow suggesting you play the radio!

 
At Friday, January 14, 2022 1:19:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

LOL Jim. Similar to someone who has "a face for radio" Jimmy had an ear for the radio. So funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home