Thursday, January 06, 2022

Friday Writings - New Year's Resolutions

        HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

               Something Wrong (Bad)? 
            [Photo courtesy "V e r i z o n", 
              an Interloper ad on my blog] 

      Fix the Bad Wrong 

I used to think Resolutions  
Every year there'd come a group 
They'd feel bad about conduct bad 
Their conduct bad the year just passed 
So they'd resolve to do better 
Better the year just coming then 
Called them New Year's Resolutions 

I'd feel this was the thing to do 
One problem with me doing that 
Good young lad I was known to be 
Hadn't done anything bad wrong 
Nor missed anything right to do 
So why should I worry and fret 
Doing something I need not do 

From that early time on I don't 
I've resolved Resolutions not 
                         _ _ _ 
 

I used to think Resolutions  

 Never again 
After I found out 
 How far away 
Monahans is from me
 Monahans Texas 
Is 510 miles from me 
 Here in Katy Texas 

 Resolutions are useless 
Useless as driving to Monahans 
 Because I don't know 
Don't know anyone there 

  And I don't know 
Anything I need to Resolve 
             _ _ _ 


    I'm not thinking 
 Resolutions anymore 

But if some crazy law 
 Made me do it 
I would Resolve to work  
 At least one puzzle each 
And every day next year 

I do that anyway, Sudoku
 An easy Resolution for me 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Photos Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked for Prompting with Rommy at Friday Writings #8,  https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/Friday%20Writings?m=1 
 - Rommy would like us to write poetry or prose inspired by New Year’s Resolutions (your resolution, how much you love or loathe resolutions, the meaning of resolutions… It’s your choice).  
.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, January 07, 2022 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Good on you, Jim! I like your attitude. And I'm glad for you that you enjoy Sudoku, as so many do. I am a word person not a numbers person, so it drives me nuts – but I am very good at word puzzles, even clueless crosswords.

 
At Friday, January 07, 2022 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I love your rejection of New Year's resolutions, Jim. May you continue to reject them as useless for many years to come!

 
At Friday, January 07, 2022 10:57:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

Interesting looks at resolutiions, Jim!

 
At Friday, January 07, 2022 12:55:00 PM, Blogger phillip woodruff (jalopy dreams) said...

jim, this is beyond clever! i love the spirit of this poem, the visuals, and especially the way you phrased your lines... i feel like i could pick up a guitar and play this poem. enjoyed it very much, and happy new year!

 
At Friday, January 07, 2022 2:01:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Eschewing those pesky resolutions that many think helpful ~~ you and I know better.

 
At Sunday, January 09, 2022 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I do love a good sudoku puzzle too.

 
At Monday, January 10, 2022 5:51:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Who needs to be bound to a resolution anyway, right? Might as well do what needs done when we can/want. And that definitely includes Sudoku.

 
At Wednesday, January 12, 2022 7:29:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Very clever and witty poem, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home