Friday, April 09, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day Nine - The To-Do Bucket List

I'm making my list 

It won't be my last but it is for my last.  My list has oft been revised but here goes afresh.  

My 2021 Bucket List to date (Listed in order of enjoyability and necessity combined and sometimes is  contradictory):

Travel 

 - plan cruises (Amazon River, Suez Canal, Caribbean, Trans Atlantic or Pacific) 

 - visit relatives in Iowa, Nebraska, Louisiana, Tennessee, possibly Oregon (??) 

 - Noah's Ark in Kentucky and/or Turkey

Medical

 - finish healing as possible my broken toe 

 - hearing assistance 

 - new upper teeth bridge 

 - health maintenance appointments 

Professional 

 - start and complete my CLE 

 - visit and/or join local bar association 

Pleasure 

 - start playing golf again 

 - start playing chess again 

 - get my Ford Mustang on the road again 

 - schedule grandkid activities 

Major spending 

 - keep estimates of other items on this list 

 - keep good records of all large item expenditures 

Family 

 - update our will

 - help the Misses with get-together plans 

 - try to involve family members in other items 

The Home 

 - possible downstairs A/C component replacements 

 - complete landscaping because of the major February freeze 

 - repaint where needed

Cars 

 - get the 1998 Ford Mustang GT Convertible  going again 

 - get the 1974 Ford Mustang II Ghia going again or sell it 

 - find replacement for the family car or keep it for a while longer -- it has lasted for 145,000 miles so far 

Organizations 

 - attend lodge meeting or 

 - visit local lodge 

 - volunteer for three more years church duty (or not)

 - find and participate for golf, possibly chess, senior groups 

Miscellany 

 - check with the state the if's and how's property in escheat

 - consider and plan for downsizing $$$'s and living arrangements that some seniors do 

 - - - -

This sounds like plenty "To-do" for old retired folk, one is far past OBE.  I hope you've enjoyed reading my Bucket List.  You may wish to formally make your own.  

Oh yes, over the years my list and things to consider have changed.  Example, I've dropped visiting the South Pole, Antarctica, we were close enough by sailing around the Cape Horn and then up to The Falcon Islands.   Also Ireland and Italy already frown on my age visitors for driving.  And we've been to all 50 states already here at home.

See you all, call me, we might visit you or go along cruising with you.

 - - - 

 - Writing here Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo Day Nine https://www.napowrimo.net/day-nine-7/ 

 - Our writing assignment for today was to write a To-Do "List Poem".   For me that verges on an Oxymoron as for sure my list isn't very poetic sounding.  

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home