Saturday, April 03, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021, Day Three - Red Roses

[click picture for larger view-click again for larger still]

First Rose of Spring 


A glance over the dismal scene 

Often done with sad remembrance 

The cold winter's brutal visit 


A flicker of red caught my eye 

The red roses survived the freeze 

Loyally stood up to the blast 


And now a new flower persists 

Omen to red roses always 

- - -

Red Roses a symbol of sweet love 

Roses of red I love you always 

_ _ _  

 - I am attempting to write at least one poem a day for the National Poem Writing Month.  Today is Day Four of the 30, you can see my progress here, .

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved  

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo (National Poem Writing Month) Day Three for prompt ideas, pick a worded card, mine was a stacked deal, Roses came up.  Read more at https://www.napowrimo.net/day-three-7/  

 - I also linked it to Magaly Guerrero at the Writers Pantry 64,  https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/04/writers-pantry-64-librarians-are-magic.html?m=1 

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, April 04, 2021 1:35:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

A rose has always signified love. More so when it sustained itself through the cold months to make it everlasting. Good show Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Sunday, April 04, 2021 8:34:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

And now we can trust that spring will come after such a long winter's wait. I have few roses, but other flowers appeared over the weekend to surprise me.

 
At Sunday, April 04, 2021 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

There is always extra magic in that first bloom after the cold months. And when that bloom is a rose, the magic seems even more lovely. Out here, we have the usual--daffodils, tulips, hyacinths--wild roses won't delight us with their presence until late spring.

 
At Monday, April 05, 2021 3:33:00 AM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

This is absolutely marvelous!

 
At Monday, April 05, 2021 6:20:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I miss the garden I used to have ten years ago but it required much more from me than I could provide. So my current home in an apartment has plenty to keep me occupied andmuch more time available to write, write, write!

 
At Monday, April 05, 2021 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Namratha said...

Beautiful, the sight of the first rose of spring. I am glad the buds survived. I need to restart a balcony garden in my new place..

 
At Monday, April 05, 2021 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a lovely entrée to Spring!

 
At Wednesday, April 07, 2021 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

What a lovely, lush environment surrounding home and grounds!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home