Thursday, April 08, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day Eight - a Tribute/Self Eulogy/Anthology

Body Outline; Lower Right (click for larger)
[my south of Cape Town, S. Africa Beach photo]

 

The Day I Died 

That day was mournful for me, and 

Day right after I died 


I had no funeral, no mourners weeping 

Hardly a soul knew I died except perhaps those who 

missed me, the ones who were on the streets a lot,  

as there I strolled.  I was friendly, a friendly chap

As we met there under sun or lights 

I offered my hand to you 


Only Jim, Jim a high school student 

He would shake my hand every time we met, 

that made my day 



But Jim didn't know I died, nobody did

except those who scoop the dead from the streets

Everybody in town almost knew my name

I was, and still am, Charley, Charley Frame  

I have no tombstone nor any marker on my grave

For my life there is nothing left to see

There is just me, and perhaps Jim

Jim who sees in his memory.

We shook hands.

Always did. 

 _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2020, All Rights Reserved

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2021 Day Eight (National Poem Writing Month), https://www.napowrimo.net/day-eight-8/ 

 - There our suggested writing prompt was to write "a monologue delivered by someone who is dead. Not a famous person, necessarily – perhaps a . . ."  I wrote of a fellow, I cannot remember his name.  This is practically a true story, there may have been a few others who shook his hand that he always offered. 

 - I am attempting to write at least one poem a day for the National Poem Writing Month.  Today is Day Seven of the 30, you can see my progress here, .


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, April 09, 2021 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

A sad story which you told beautifully, Jim. I could feel all the emotion ...

 
At Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:00:00 AM, Blogger Artsy said...

Oh Jim, this pierced my heart. Your well crafted words let me peek into your for what you feel.I am so sorry he died.

 
At Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:01:00 AM, Blogger Artsy said...

( I forgot to put my name above, I have a few googgle names. that was me “Gel” -
Lynne above. )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home