Thursday, April 29, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 29 -- Cats are the Meow

  

Cat in the Window; cut this poem out, carry it in your pocket for National Pocket Poem Day, April 29, URL  


Been looking out my window 

This is my favorite perch 

Every day there's something new

Most enjoyed is sunning here 


While I do I see it all 

Golfers and lawn caretakers 

Critters of all kinds, squirrels, 

skunks, dogs looking in at me 


Snakes and lizards aplenty 

The birds I like, doves and hawks 

Hawks eat cats and small kittens 

They eat baby doves as well 


So that's why I like it here 

I'm sunning and staying clear  

Clear of the hawks and blue jays 

I would eat a baby bird 

 - - - 

 - Poems and Photos Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2007, (photo at http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2007/04/cat-whisperer-and-cat-in-window.html 

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 29 at https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-nine-7/ where we were asked to imagine looking in or looking out of a window in our writing.  My favorite cat will be looking out the window.  

 - On May 9, 2021, I linked it again, this time with Rommy in the Writer's Pantry #69 at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/05/writers-pantry-69-i-am-not-throwing.html?m=1 

 - Here are a few of my blog posts of favorite cats, https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=cat .  I would loan one if you need for your writing illustration.  But I would want credit and a warning posted that it is copyright by me. 

 - http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search/label/NaPoWriMo%202021 is the link for viewing all of my NaPoWriMo 2021 writings.

.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, April 29, 2021 3:01:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Now that's a coincidence, Jim! I wrote about a cat in a window too! I love that you wrote from the cat's point of view.

 
At Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Kitty cats are so mysterious ... love you chose the cat / window for your poem.

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Lovely photo, fun poem. (My new cat is proving to be a champion of looking out windows.)

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 1:07:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Cats always think they are boss.

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 1:50:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Coincidence! Mojo's favourite spot is the window sill; she loves to see what's going on out there. Luna pops up on the other side of the window when she wants to come in.

Earlier this morning, I opened the backdoor to let Luna in and there was Mojo chasing a little mouse around our rotary drier! Luna finally taught her to hunt and she has created a little monster.

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 3:50:00 AM, Blogger Marja said...

Aww he is sitting there in a safe place. Away from all the critters like snakes Aargh You've got snakes overthere?

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Astrid said...

Such a great poem! Cats are such mischievous animals. I love how you chose the cat's perspective!

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 9:27:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

smart kitty, staying clear in a safe place. :)

 
At Sunday, May 09, 2021 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

She's pretty and smart!

 
At Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I always enjoy seeing things from the point of view of animals. I really like how natural this reads, especially the end. The idea of liking to eat a baby bird would sound shocking out of the mouth of a human, but it makes complete sense from a cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home