Wednesday, April 28, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 28 -- The Flock -- Weekly Scribblings

[My Photo]


Why get up; Rooster and Chickens and Me and You


Why get up when my rooster crows 

He's not crowing for me or you 

He's crowing for his flock, it's time 

Time for them to rise, rise and shine 


He knows early bird gets the worm 

Early to bed early to rise 

makes for healthy wealthy and wise 


Axioms he's learned and rules by 

Yes sure he's boss of the chickens 

But for me my boss is my wife 

She is still in bed and asleep 


[also my photo]

 - - - 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked to NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 28https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-eight-7/ , where we are prompted there for today to write question and answer poems.  You can find other's efforts there as well. 

 - I have also linked it to Rommy at the Weekly Scribblings #67https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/04/weekly-scribblings-67-liminal-space.html for the idea of liminal space.  I wrote this before I knew the prompt but I think Mrs. Jim (i.e. the writer's spouse) still in bed asleep is far removed from the wake up call of the rooster on his roost in the hen house.

 - This April I am again once a day writing "poems",  for the National Poetry Writing Month 2021.  To read my others click HERE.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 29, 2021 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I really like the photos you shared along with the question / answer poem!! Roosters can be scary.

 
At Thursday, April 29, 2021 3:01:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

HA! The hens are like your wife. They're still roosting and he's up doing the crowing!

 
At Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:21:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I hadn't really thought about who got up first...but yes it was always me!

 
At Friday, April 30, 2021 3:20:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, the space between sleeping and waking is surely liminal. As is that between waking and actually rising.

 
At Saturday, May 01, 2021 6:25:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Very good point, he's crowing for his flock. As for those who think the hens are sleeping late, let's remember why there is even a chicken coop. Eggs. They deserve to sleep in, they do all the work!

 
At Sunday, May 02, 2021 7:50:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

LOL, I do love that moment between sleepiness and fully waking up. Never had crows disrupt it, but I do have two children who were quite good at that when they were small.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home