Monday, April 26, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 26 -- Chili Dog

[This is not a Chili Cheddar Cheese Dog
 it is a French Hot Dog, made in France.  
There the true sausage is stuffed inside 
a French Baguette cut to just over the 
length of the wiener/sausage] 


[to the tune of the Oscar Meyer Wiener Song]

I wish I were a Chili Cheddar Cheese Dog  
That is what I truly wish to be 
Cause if I were a Chili Cheddar Cheese Dog  
Everyone would want two or three
Oh everyone would get so fat  
Everyone would be Rolly Polly

 - - - - 

 - Poem is a Parody Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - The original song:
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Wiener 
That is what I truly wish to be 
Cause if I were a Oscar Mayer Wiener
Everyone would be in love 
Oh everyone would be in love 
Everyone would be in love with me 

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 26 (National Poem Writing Month) for the prompt idea, at https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-six-7/ 

 - And I am attempting to write at least one poem a day for the National Poem Writing Month. Today is Day 26 of the 30, you can see my progress here, 

 - Instructions were, ". . . like to challenge you to write a parody. Besides being fun, writing parodies can be a great way to hone your poetic skills – particularly your sense of rhyme and sound, as you try to mimic the form of an existing poem while changing the content. Just find a poem – or a song – that has always annoyed you, and write an altered, silly version of it. Or, alternatively, find a poem with a very particular rhyme scheme or form, and use that scheme/form as the basis for a poem that mocks something else."

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

How clever .. a rewrite that will bring a smile to the reader’s face especially if they remember the original!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home