Tuesday, April 27, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 27 -- Group Behavior

My 1955 Ford Crown Victoria (a 1:18 scale toy)


Twdt**; things we did then 


Things we bragged about way back then

Things we are sorry about now 

Things we never tell anyone 

Things, we could have been arrested 


Things I heard stars bragging about 

Things bad I heard them bragging on 

Things boldly carried through store doors 

Things, beer, for which  never they never paid 


Things obscene on tape bragged about 

Things dismissed vulgar locker room 

Things as boys or girls, might have done 

Things, shoplifting, initials carved 


Things serious, joy rides stolen 

Things, panty raids, girls college dorms 

Things, midnight swims at country clubs 

Things, Saturday nights street racing 


Things we shouldn't have ever done 

Things our friends did, WE DID NOT DO 

Things our consciences kept us from 

Things WE WOULD NEVER WANT TO DO 


Things I did or else wished I'd done

Things you did do or wished you'd done 

Things of youth glad we didn't do   

Things others did, some went to jail  


Things naughty or nice, 

we did or did not, 

'life goes on' 

**I also coined a new 'initialism', "Twdt"; things we did then.

 - - - 

 - Poem copyright, Jimmiehov2021,  All rights reserved 

 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2021 Day  27https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-seven-7/ 

 - Recommended at the link above as an inspiration to write today,  "The Dictionary of Obscure Desires",    Perhaps, from there on page threehttps://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/page/3 , but NOT used as I found it after my write, 

 -  kuebiko n. a state of exhaustion inspired by an act of senseless violence, which forces you to revise your image of what can happen in this world—mending the fences of your expectations, weeding out invasive truths, cultivating the perennial good that’s buried under the surface—before propping yourself up in the middle of it like an old scarecrow, who’s bursting at the seams but powerless to do anything but stand there and watch.   

 - And I am attempting to write at least one poem a day for the National Poem Writing Month. Today is Day 27 of the 30, you can see my progress here, NaPoWriMo 2021


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:12:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I like the practice of looking back ~~ focus on the things I did then. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home