Tuesday, April 10, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-10 -- Day 10, a Bad Pony Poem


 
Bad Pony
 
This morning bright
I drove my little car
It was my car
Mustang, present to me*
 
This little car
has a mind if it's own
Inside the shop
Asked for a kolache  

Clerk said to me
we don't have kolaches
Sheepish reply
I should be street across
 
Mustang's bad deed
went to the place she likes
But donut shop's
not where I want to be**
 
 
_ _ _ _

 - Today we are one-third of the way through Na/GloPoWriMo!
.
 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved 

.

  - I'm writing for  at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/poems-in-april-tuesday-platform.html .  She is waiting too!   Thank you, Sanaa.

  - I'm also linked to 
Day Ten of NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-ten-6/ If you click on the comments with links left or you can also try 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers.

Notes: (this one is pretty much true, I wrote about myself and my Mustang)
*  It is a 1998 Ford Mustang GT Convertible.  I bought it in 1999 as a Retirement Present for myself. It had 49K miles then now it has 111K miles.  Mrs. Jim did retire in 1999 and we moved to our retirement home, 75 miles away from the college, my work.  But then I worked until health problems forced me to retire in 2001.  The dog is Adi, she died in 2012.  Adi and I were a registered pet therapy team.
 ** But I did buy a Dozen donut Holes, one Donut, and one Apple Fritter while I was there.  The Kolache place is across the wide street and up 200 feet.  There I bought six Sausage Kolaches.  I haven't eaten a Donut since 2007, eleven years ago but did share the Kolache with Mrs. Jim.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

So sweet!! I love Mustangs!💞

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the idea of Mustang as retirement present. And that you and Adi were a pet therapy team. How cool.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

Love this, a slice of yours and Adi's life Jim :-) Special,,

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2018 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed this tale of you and your Mustang, and also learning the details in the back story.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:32:00 PM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

A Mustang with a mind of its own - I hope you tamed her!
Anna :o]

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:09:00 AM, Blogger M. A. S. said...

It all came together at the end there!

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

The naming of that car was genius "Mustang" and those few years where the design was so classic (can't say I like all of the "updates" though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home