Friday, April 06, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-06 -- Day 6, a Poem for Sisters


Soul Sister Dear

Soul sister, my dear laotang*

Teacher of mine now friend supreme
Not written, missing you a lot
Been afraid to write might get caught 

I hope you'll be so proud of me
Laotang* I've become to Lea
Learned it all from you many thanks
Hope to see you soon once again
_ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved 
    (The Photos were taken from a Google search--I couldn't get to the site because I was stopped, 'records of Maliciousness.'  Same for the bottom one, it was supposedly a "Tattoo" choice.)
- I'm writing forat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-six-speaking-in-voice-of-another.html

- I'm also linked to 
Day Six of NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-six-6/ If you click on 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers

 - Note:
* "In the Hunan province, peasant women developed a secret language of female writing, called nu shu. A young girl was matched with a lifelong best friend, or soul sister, called her laotang, with whom she communicated by letter." (read more from Sherry's informative post, link)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, April 06, 2018 1:19:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Just wonderful, Jim. I like "afraid to write / might get caught". I imagine that was the fear, in those times. Thanks so much for writing to the prompt.

 
At Friday, April 06, 2018 1:25:00 PM, Blogger annell4 said...

A sweet letter to send on a fan.

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:02:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Sweetly written indeed, and you got into the voice beautifully.

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:54:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I think we all need a friend like this to talk to secretly that we can trust. Well written Jim (for a bloke that is!)

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2018 3:01:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Gosh this is soo sweet!💗

 

Post a Comment

<< Home