Thursday, March 22, 2018

an "Us" poem for Thursday

You and me;
 toolin' down

We go toolin' down the street,
you and me
Got this little German Bug,
yours and mine
Keepin' up with the most,
our sixty-three
Carrying lunch in a bag,
and some wine

We stop at a roadside park,
break the bread
And slice the cheese, please pass
the baloney
Pickles, olives, chips, our blanket
is spread
We're all laid out, pour those drops
of honey
 
Take a nap in the sun, we've
eaten well
Turn some music on, do we want
to kiss
Passed about an hour, hop back
in our wheels
Bug, you and me toolin', wave,
you can't miss



_ _ _ _

Photos* and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved

I'm linked with Marian at the "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, You and Me" at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/03/you-and-me.html?m=1 

*Notes:
 - Marian has been, this month (!) to an Alice Cooper concert in Boston with her family.  Of course the kids loved it, but so do we adults.  He did sing "You and Me" there, she has a YouTube Video on her post that I linked to above.  My poem is sort of true of a few pages of a chapter in my life, but not entirely.
 - *This 1963 Beatle is a PrntScr copied from "West Coast Classic Restoration" shop tale of restoration of this car.  Link, http://www.classicvws.com/gulfblu.htm 
 - In another life (#5), my car was a 1962 VW Beatle (Bug) that looked just like this restored one except mine was original.  I bought it from the original owner, a coworker, in 1968, it had about 60,000 miles showing.  This car and I had wonderful times as I drove it all during my three years of single life that began later in that year.  I was also a college student again then, I had dropped out for several years. (To see cars that I have owned so far-- look at end of the post, click here .)

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:00:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Spring picnic. Why not. Have a good Thursday Jim

Much🌼love

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:46:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I had a pale green VW, 1963. Loved it to death until it was destroyed in 1995 by a 20 floor jumper, Yeppers. Lady jumped from the 20th floor and landed right on my VW, totaling it. Sigh. I miss my bug. I love your picnic! What fun!

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

A picnic, a beatle convertible, a sweetheart ... perfection

 
At Friday, March 23, 2018 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is soo sweet!!💖💖

 
At Friday, March 23, 2018 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

How happy and sweet :)

 
At Friday, March 23, 2018 3:49:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I would love to go picnicing... soon time, but I pass on baloney

 
At Friday, March 23, 2018 6:24:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, love the bug. This made me smile!

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Love this snapshot, Jim, just perfect. Sigh!
The bug, so great. When I was a teenager my grandfather had one of those and I really coveted it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home