Saturday, March 17, 2018

A letter to John

Dear John

John, I have decided that walking with the rain alone is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Your company through this walk would have been nice and I expected it from you.

This situation was more than one person should bear alone, but you have been absolutely no care whatsoever to me.

I am not able to forgive you for this omission.   It seems that in our future life I would have to be without you when a reasnable normal man would come running to help, at least to just be there.

In light of this I feel that you have forced me to terminate our engagement. It was nice at times but quite literally I could no longer stand seeing your face.

My wish you for you is that you will seek advice from a professional personal counselor.

I have given my ring from you to a charity, do not expect it back. Small price for the misery and grief you have caused.

Don't look for me
Perhaps now the rain will stop
Don't try to call

Roxie Anne

- - - -

Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
I'm linked to the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/03/dear-poems-typed-translation-below.html?m=1

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:18:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Yikes! This is the opposite of "Singing in the Rain! - I especially like the touch of the gift of the ring to charity! At least someone should get some good from it! A lot of fun here even in the grimness! Take care, Jim, thanks much for playing along. k.

 
At Saturday, March 17, 2018 4:36:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha... I think this means that there is no hope really... but given John's nature he will stalk her ...

 
At Sunday, March 18, 2018 8:41:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Another sad story! Sounds like "John," got what was coming to him...perhaps she will see it differently in time, and will see "John," again?

 
At Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Walking in the rain alone - a great beginning for a Dear John letter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home