Wednesday, March 14, 2018

my poem for Pi Day, March 14, 2018


name Circumference;
my poem for Pi Day, March 14, 2018
 
The wheel goes round and round
Math's invention supreme
Wheelbarrow came first up
Take a ride, haul some rocks
 
Speed's love child Chariot
Perfect roundness in need
Outer point from the hub
Always same; radius
 
Save on wear, steel encased 
Ribbon around the edge
Length to be determined
Always is 2 Pi r 
 
Length's name Circumference
Formula 2 π r
(Two times Pi, symbol π,
times radius, simple)
 
Don't you just love the wheel!
With its loved improvements
We will give thanks to Pi
Math Constant, 3.14...

_ _ _ _

Photos and Pi Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved

I'm linked with 
Sanaa Rizvi at the "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform" at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-tuesday-platform_13.html?m=1

Note:
 - This is my annual Pi Day Poem.  Some are fun, some are okay, some, well ... You can read some more by clicking the "Pi Day" link below (or Here).
 - "The circumference of a circle is found with the formula C= π*d = 2*π*r. Thus pi equals a circle's circumference divided by its diameter. Plug your numbers into a calculator: the result should be roughly 3.14." (provided by Googling pi -- Link)
 - When I was in the military (U.S. Army, five years, all but eight weeks at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas) I rode a Vespa motor scooter purchased new from Sears Roebuck for work and play, as our second car.  It had climbed small mountains, ridden more than several trips to Old Mexico, and took me to work every day when weather permitted, which were most days.  It finally died in New Hampshire when I was working as an Aerospace Engineer for Philco Corporation, later to become Ford (Motor) Aerospace Corporation. 

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 14, 2018 2:59:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

A math poem my god!!💖 This is awesome!!😃

 
At Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Pie and pi... now, that's a dance.

 
At Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:20:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Pie, pizza and pirogi have a lot in common actually...

 
At Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I'd rather eat pie than do the math. :)

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm sure I should be grateful to Pi, because I trust those who tell me so. And I am grateful that other people understand maths, which seems to be important to the world. And I was grateful to understand this poem – as far as the chariot anyway.

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Love the dance of words between pi and pie. I think pie is prettier than pi though....I would rather dance with pie. :-))

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Well hmm... I think poetry should not be combined with math :) (I HATE math - my son brought home fractions today and I said "Wait until your Dad comes home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home