Thursday, February 22, 2018

Just Talking ~~ a Poem for Thursday


Mutterings and sputterings;
Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?

Sometimes I tell myself some things
Things that really do not matter
But if you hear, well ...

My grandfather cussed a blue streak
But to me mattering?  It counts!!
To myself, I don't!!

Sometimes I do funny things,
things that are not funny at all
Though maybe to me

When I'm walking and get excited
I wiggle my thumb, it rotates
That agitates some

On the side here, are you hearing
I sing and talk outside, alone
I don't sing so good 

And sometimes I write for myself 
Them I keep in a secret place 
Locked with a password.

When I am asked, "What have you done?"
Then my smart aleck remark is,
"What haven't I done?"

My remark to them, a retort 
When their questions get specific
THAT I haven't done!!
_ _ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
. I'm linked with    

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:47:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Enjoyed this, Jim. I also twiddle my thumbs... when I get anxious I think

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I agree! Quite a delightful read, Jim 💖

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:48:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

When I am asked, "What have you done?"
Then my smart aleck remark is,
"What haven't I done?"

Irrespective whether done or not, it is still a great answer. There is no reason to take it as an excuse. It perhaps is more of a retort!

Hank

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:45:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I totally agree. Make it a retort. When I've been asked what I have done, I just shrug and tell my degrees and that I have built parts of bridges. Then I will say, but I am sure you have done so much more. What have you done? But I like your answer much better and am changing my reply to ride people.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2018 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I enjoyed your tale of self exploration, and the telling of it.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2018 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

You had me from the first two lines. I can relate to telling myself stuff that doesn't matter.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2018 2:26:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I would say something like that...except when I have been payed to answer (being employed)

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2018 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I sing, too, and not well. But let's keep doing it!

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2018 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

I like your retort....it silences your audience.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2018 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Just a great summery of all that makes you unique... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home