Monday, April 02, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-02 -- Not Running?


Stopped Dead
 
Stopped dead in its tracks, is it still ticking
Second hand on my clock it goes no more
Let us wait a minute and we will see
 
All is quiet now is my heart still beating
Pulse in my neck I can feel it no more
Let us wait a minute and we will see
 
Seems I don't breathe is my chest still heaving
Very quiet no snoring or wheezing
Let us wait a minute and we will see
 
Am I dead am I alive, I can't tell
Fingers and toes they won't move anymore
Let us wait a minute and we will see
 
My eyes are open yet I cannot see
They won't close though I try nor can I blink
Let us wait a minute and we will see
 
My bed is empty there's no one in it
Where am I now I want to know. Do you
Time is up the clock has stopped minute's gone
 
Digits don't work eyes can't see heart is bad
Body has gone to pot and missing too
This is a mess how can I recover
 
Where am I now, what's going on, that noise
Got to get up morning's come, my alarm
It's time to see, am I dead or alive
_ _ _ _

Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved

I'm writing for Karin at
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-second.html

I'm also linked to Day Two of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-two-5/ If you click on 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, April 02, 2018 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so know the feeling! Smiles.

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

LOL

"Got to get up morning's come, my alarm
It's time to see, am I dead or alive "

MUCH LOVE...

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Monday WRites 148 is live. Please link in

much love...

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Ellecee said...

I, too, know this one :-) So well said “let us wait a minute and we will see” indeed we will,,

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 11:32:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Loved that last line!

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I know the feeling!!

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 1:32:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Makes one wonder sometimes! The older I get the louder my heart beats.

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 3:58:00 PM, Blogger Neeraj Khanka said...

Beautiful lines :)
"Let us wait a minute and we will see"

 
At Monday, April 02, 2018 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I am not sure at times even when I hear the alarm clock if I'm still ticking.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 6:10:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Jim— I visted yesterday but apparently none of my blogger comments took. A clever poem— well realized! Agh! Hope I am still ticking. Thanks. K.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 7:10:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I like the whimsical humour. (You sound alive to me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home