Monday, April 09, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-09 -- Day 9, another Poem for Fun



Waiting for. . . . . . . ;
   (a surprise)

O happy day for me
happy of happiests
I made a wish, big one
for sure it's coming true
Wished on a falling star
firefly in my jar

But I can't tell you what
just that it's coming true
Highest of the highests
high high my wish guru
Pledged to him secrecy
which means I can't tell you

Bigger than Santa Claus
more so than his Rudolph
Way larger wish than you
could ever imagine
Just wait and you will see
how my wish will come true

'I've got' my fingers crossed
threw salt over my back
Drank potent witch's brew
rabbit's foot for me, you
My big day is coming
we wait and you will see
_ _ _
.
 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved 

    (the little dog belongs to my first cousin, I forgot its breed)
.

  - I'm writing for at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/waiting-for.html .  She is waiting too!   Thank you, Izzy.

  - I'm also linked to 
Day Nine of NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-nine-4/ If you click on the comments with links left or you can also try 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers.
 - I posted for Day Eight late yesterday.  It is below or find it here (click). 

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, April 09, 2018 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

A falling star - it just might come true!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Curiouser and curiouser!!! luv the suspense in your poem Jim

Much🌼love

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 2:58:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so lovely!💜

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 3:11:00 PM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

Whatever could it be Jim? Will we ever know?

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 3:19:00 PM, Blogger Neeraj Khanka said...

Hope the wait is over soon and we see the wish come true :)

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

Love the excitement in this poem, the surety that this wish is coming true. So be it!
:-)

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

It sounds like a wonderful surprise is on its way!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 6:19:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I like the anticipation in this. And I love the picture of your pup!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 6:44:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Well of course you can't tell or it wouldn't come true. (Smile.) Sounds wonderful anyway!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 8:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wished on a falling star
firefly in my jar

my wish guru


'I've got' my fingers crossed
threw salt over my back
Drank potent witch's brew
rabbit's foot for me, you
My big day is coming
we wait and you will see

- such absolutely choice words to add the eagerness but necessarily secret nature of wishing upon ... and those lines wishing on a star/firefly in a jar - that is absolutely Amazing it its Grace!

Loved this piece Jim!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

Lighthearted and playful as ever, Jim! I like how your narrator is so optimistic and confident that whatever he/she is waiting for will come. And I think it was a smart choice to illustrate that by listing all the things they've done to guarantee it comes to them. Well done and viva la!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home