Saturday, September 03, 2016

The Little Fish ~~ a Flash poem (meaning 'short')


(The Little Fish) 
 
I am the
Little Fish
Swimming in my pond 
 
Swimming is my delight
Exploring my pond 
 
Seems there is always new
Sights daily to see 

I am the
Little Fish
Swimming in my pond 

I swim from morn to night
No bell on my tail 
 
People come, watch me swim 
Wink and wave for them
_ _ _
 
Poem Copyright 2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 
 
Photo courtesy of Kerry O'Conner, at
the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, 55 Words Plus!
 
The picture is copyright, 2006 by the Nigerian
painter, sculptor and musician known as Twins Seven Seven.
Kerry and I are claiming "Fair Use" of this painting copy
 
Fair Use Principles:
  • It is a historically significant artwork 
  • The image is only being used for informational and educational purposes 
  • The image is readily available on the internet 
  • The image is a low resolution copy of the original artwork and is unsuitable for commercial use
Kerry's Instructions:
My poem is exactly 55 words with NO TITLE. The title, "The Little Fish" is three words in parentheses to me means "do not count words for this."

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, September 04, 2016 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

That's just delightful, Jim!

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2016 3:18:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

A delightful song of the little fish.. I like the touch of it having no bell on its tail.

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2016 4:51:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

I like the no bell and the wink and wave.

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2016 8:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this confident, happy little fish, Jim

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2016 1:24:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

What a wonderful delightful little fish... the not having it's bell makes me think there is some freedom even if it's confined to the pond.

 
At Monday, September 05, 2016 3:55:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

A little fish can still exact attention of others perhaps because of colorful hues.

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home