Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Autumn Comes ~~ a Poem for Tuesday




Autumn Comes

When autumn comes, my love matures
Summer's hot passions simmer down
Like the flowers that last 'til fall
My love has mellowed autumn comes

When autumn comes I love you more
What began last spring harvest now
We reap our joy with tenderness
A deeper love not to be found

With autumn comes leaves turning red
Yellow, clinging tight to their branch
You'll not float down nor blow askew
We'll hold tight with our steadfast love

When autumn ends nature's ready
Ready for winters coldest chills
We like the creatures hunker down
Nurture each other love will warm

My heart cries out my love for you
Please love me thus as autumn comes
_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright 2011 and2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
Photo from 2011 post, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-single-impression-love-2.html

I'm linked with Kerry O"Conner in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platform. (link) Kerry wrote a bit about the coming of autumn and the changing of seasons. I mulled on her thoughts and went to writing from there. 

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:47:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I do love the sense of a maturing love, maybe it's the test if it's a love or fling.. You make me love autumn Jim.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:25:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Gorgeous sentiments and expression.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:18:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Autumn is my favorite season. I like the way you compared it to a maturing love.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:43:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

I love the way you end this

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:19:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ah, sweet. My parents certainly that way. A new favorite of yours--lovely. k.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:36:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Vandana Sharma said...

So beautiful transition~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

When autumn comes I love you more..

I really love the sensitivity and genuine emotion portrayed in this poem.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:23:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Yes! If spring is the fling then winter is the marriage that deepens it.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Love, like the seasons, naturally matures... I really like how your poem stresses the importance of holding on to that love, of feeling loved, after time has passed, after the end feels near...

 
At Thursday, September 01, 2016 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

This is beautiful. A love that weathers all seasons is truly a gift.

 
At Friday, September 02, 2016 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Josie Two Shoes said...

I love this poem, Jim. I so agree with you that love has this seasons, and I find as we mature that the depth of love intensifies and means more to us than it ever did when we were young. We hold tightly to each other as we approach the winter of our lives, and we know that love is eternal so we will never truly be apart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home