Monday, August 22, 2016

Her bad day ~~ a Limerick


Her Bad Day

She was all ready for the sack 
Bread, baloney, cheese, what the 'Hack'! 
Green mold, slime, 'Oh Fog'! 
Not fit for the dog 
Her bad day, fridge's out of whack 
 _ _ _ 

Photo and Poem Copyright 2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 
 
This is my entry, I'm linked with Madeline Kane for her Limerick-off Monday contest
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/category/limerick-offs

Again, I am linked with Marian Kent at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platform
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-tuesday-platform_23.html

Notes:
- I've entered before but haven't ever won. Maddy and I are also Facebook friends. 
 - I don't cuss but have been knowing most of the cuss words since high school.
 - I misread the directions at first and had the first line using "snack" instead of the required word, "sack".  But too, that sounded better and made more sense, 'She was all ready for her snack."

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Monday, August 22, 2016 9:57:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

Hahaha! Describes me. I like to have a bedtime snack. Luckily, iur fridge us not thevappliance that is currentlyn" out of whack." Thx, it's a "Gem", Jim.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2016 9:59:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

Ack ! I made typos: "our" fridge a pls figure out the rest of the typos. IT's too hard for me type on these pad flat keyboards.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:57:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Yick... bad food can actually get worse with a failing fridge.

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:26:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Vandana Sharma said...

Ah!1 those midnight yearnings od snacks.....graciously saved by the fridge!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:44:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

sound like my neighbour's fridge, we went to Bingo the other night and she was telling me about repair hassles with her eight year old fridge

Have a good week Jim

much love...

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

That is a bad day!

 
At Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I like your limerick!

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:54:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

This is a nightmare. And at bedtime! *shivers*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home