Saturday, August 27, 2016

a small poem ~~ about a Megafauna


Megafauna

Do you believe in dinosaurs?
Did you ever see one alive?
They walked the earth in days of old
Or so they say, they being some

Could be biggest farce ever known
Larger than dreamt by Orson Wells
Seen even one, monsters? Not me
Thousands of years ago, they say

Bones by the gobs dug up they've been
Anthropology, science counts
Counts those bones as bankers their gold
Screwed up all, theoretical

Museums take your dough rob you blind
Ripley's 'Believe it or Not,' not
Children believe, they have not seen 
I don't believe, one I've not seen
_ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright 2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 
(Photo is a 'screen print' copy from Gillena's post with the Toads)

Today I'm linked with Gillena in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Fashion me Your Words ~ Megafauna,
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/08/fashion-me-your-words-to-megafauna.html
Small?  She has requested that we contain ourselves to exactly 100 words.  Mine is exactly, counting the title. 

Note:
1.  In terrestrial zoology, megafauna (Ancient Greek mégalo "large" + New Latin fauna "animal") are large or giant animals
2.  My first college alma mater, The University of Nebraska (Go Bid Red!!!), has the nicest museum, called Elephant Hall.  Elephant Hall has many skeletons of the ancient elephants, but also the world's best college collection of the extinct Dinosaur skeletons as well.  Who wouldn't believe after seeing the remnants of these magnificent creatures?
 

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:15:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Of course I believe in dinosaurs... Some of my best friends are beasts..

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Well well Jim that's telling us. Thanks for your response. However, I believe that dinosaurs were a part of our history and evolution. When i went to the museum in London while on vacation, i gaped in awe and delight at dinosaur skeletons. I could barely keep my seat in Spielberg's Jurassic Park. Oh what dinosaur delight i have encounter through the arts all this time believing

much love...

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Both my kids were into dinosaurs when they were little. I remember how big their eyes got looking at the collection of bones in a Philadelphia museum.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Jim here is a link to the El Condo video from the prompt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=gfEWe8nr-r8

copy and paste it and view

much love...

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

No dinosaurs? That is as disappointing as no Santa Clause. Smiles. I enjoyed your poem, Jim.

 
At Monday, August 29, 2016 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Thanks for visiting, Jim.....the dog on my post is Jasmine, who is ten..........she was five when Pup died...........she is a sweet girl, but we have a different relationship than Pup's and mine was.......he was a wild wolf and we shared the wilderness together, mourned the loss of Tofino together.....Jas now has huge tumours, one especially large one impacting her mobility. The vet says not long before it becomes unmanageable.....so I am not very strict with diet - treating her well while she's here. She might be my last dog because housing is so difficult when one is renting if you have a dog. Will have to see what life brings.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:45:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Whenever I see a croc or alligator I am glad there are no dinosaurs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home