Friday, September 02, 2016

I play my Tau -- "poem" and "play" of sorts

The Taus

My instrument for the day will be, ...
It will be the Taus, my instrument 

I can't play it, never even saw 
But Google knows, knows full well what be

So from Google's mouth I can play
I play my YouTube loud as I can

Played for Mrs. Jim, my Taus YouTube
Right on she said, Indian music 

So I'll play for you, my Taus YouTube 
See what you think.  Indian music?

If you think it looks like a peacock
Well the experts think so too, they do
_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright 2016, @ Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 

Taus, top photo is a "print screen" copy from Margaret's post,
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/09/artistic-interpretations-with-margaret.html

I'm linked above with Margaret in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - The Met's Musical Instruments Exhibit

Margaret had recently visited the Metropolitan Museum in NYC.  There she visited the Musical Instruments Exhibit and has on her post quite a few of the musical instrument she saw there.  I picked her Taus, a main instrument played to get the correct sound of Indian music. 

The two YouTube presentations below will make you think you have your radio tuned to a station located in India.  Please have a listen.  The Taus comes in at 1:52 on the second video if you want to hear and see it played with a bow.  The first also sound Indian but the strings are plucked rather than played with the bow. 
Well, I had the 'plucked' one on my iPad but can't find it here.  "trust me."


 

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Saturday, September 03, 2016 4:41:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

This was cool. Thanks.

 
At Saturday, September 03, 2016 5:15:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Yes it does sound wonderful... Indian and exotic...

 
At Saturday, September 03, 2016 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Cool way to meet this challenge, Jim

 
At Saturday, September 03, 2016 8:29:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Played like a cello with somewhat similar sounds. Very mesmerizing to the ears!

Hank

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2016 1:06:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, I can play iPod, Youtube...but no talent to create music.

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2016 3:54:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice little ditty, glad Mrs Jim liked the music. Happy you dropped in to read mine

much love...

 
At Tuesday, September 06, 2016 1:57:00 AM, Blogger Gel said...

Interesting. Glad she enjoyed this during her recovery.

 
At Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

It is amazing how the internet brings the world to our fingertips!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home