Friday, September 16, 2016

be a Sassy Lady ~~ a Poem about death


Death be a Lady

I'll take Lady Death any day
over Grim Reaper with his scythe
Cross my fingers, say a prayer

Some say she'd come with chocolates
And maybe a bottle of wine
nestled in her wicker basket

One of these days my junk
will be piled high on the street
Ms. or Mr. Death will have come

There's no taking back for sure
I count down to that day
Not up for a visit delay
_ _ _ _
Poem copyright , 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
Picture, Sassy Lady Death, from Susie Clevenger's post,
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/09/bits-of-inspiration-if-death-were-woman.html

Since this, my second poem about "If death were a woman, was posted late I am also linking it with the Real Toads, Tuesday Platform this week
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-tuesday-platform_20.html
I'm linked with Susie at The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
Bits Of inspiration ~ If Death Were A Woman (linked here and above)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Gel said...

Interesting prompt!. (I saw Dame Helen Mireen up close at the Tony's.) Enjoyable twist to read, Jim.

 
At Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:37:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think the lady ripper would come with a razor instead of a scythe... but I guess with wine and chocolate it would all add up.

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Luv the pictured you painted with the options given, Nice poem Jim

much love...

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

Yes, I'd go for wine and chocolate too!! Loved this picture as well. Thanks for sharing!

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, bring a party Lady Death, so when I go those left behind will have some smiles. Thanks so much for writing for the prompt.

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:09:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Susie, I went to a 'Funeral' like that, it was called a Life Celebration (I think). Her family and husband had it for us, they lived in Bayshore, Bayshore Drive on Galveston Bay. We had LOTS of wine, and food, a preacher came, we even had fireworks over the water at dusk.
..

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Buddah Moskowitz said...

Well, done and I want Death to come as it did in "All That Jazz" (1979) as Jessica Lange.

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:28:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

There's no taking back for sure
I count down to that day

One would just need to take it one at a time and keep counting!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Marian said...

No take-backs! Not sure I want to meet with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home