Thursday, September 15, 2016

Adi is gone ~~ a "We miss her" poem (reconstructed)




Of the day Adi died

Close the door, you're letting the air conditioning out
I need someone to talk to. With if you see fit so to do
I've been thinking of Adi dear dog, how she died.  Final day
Adi, love of my life, had been having seizures really bad

When in one she'd become incontinent poor soul laying there
She scared the bejesus out of us, thinking this time she's dead
But in a little while she'd get back up not knowing what went
We took her to her doctor that day, would be her final one

Her vet gave us some choices, take her home, let her die there
Put her in the doggie hospital, then to a nursing home
Our other choice, put her to sleep so deep she would never wake
We chose the latter.  The vet said she'd be back when we're ready

The vet returned, two needles in her hand. First would calm our dog
I held her paw, stroked her neck. She lay there, so trusting was she
Tears were in her eyes, the other needle came.  She'd like to stay
Our eyes were teary too, even the vet's, friends saying goodbye

Friends we were, us for seventeen years, the vet for several 
Adi and I were partners, registered pet therapy pair
Her friends at the home would miss furry friend, their dogs never came
But I would miss her most, I loved her most, my eyes tearing now

There on the doggie table Adi said her goodbyes, I saw
Holding her paw, feeling it quiver, then her eyes said it all
Through her tears she whimpered, "I love you guys." I hugged her then, the last time
"I'm going to God's Doggie Heaven, I'll see you when you come."



 
Adi died September 12, 2012 -- I miss her so very much, still today
_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem copyright, 2008, 2009 and 2016(Poem) Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
Photos copied from 2014 post which used 2008 photos,
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2014/11/carpe-diem-escape.html
These and more Adi posts on this blog.
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search?q=adi
 _ _ _ _

I'm linked with 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, September 16, 2016 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

Thanks for telling me about this post, Jim. I hope my comments don't bring back the pain of that last moment with Adi. I'm sure you'll be grieving for quite a while. I have had many dogs in my lifetime, and loved them all, but Lindy is my husband's first dog-love affair. He adore her and she him. I hope I am with him when she goes, whether this year, the next, or even longer, God willing. My presence may not be consolation, but it will be caring and understanding.
Kay

 
At Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:35:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

This is so tender, what a moment, and a choice to make, but I guess taking farewell like this might be the better way... Maybe that's why I cannot have a dog... to much attachment, too much of a parting.

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh my this brings so many tears. I parted with my precious dog in this very same manner. Love is a powerful thing. When it touches you, you never forget it. Thanks so much for sharing this in the prompt.

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

2016-09-20 - Comments to "Adi isg one ~~ a "We miss her" poem" left before I destroyed the post. These are now posted here on my "Reconstructed" post.


1. Gel has left a new comment on your post "Adi is gone ~~ a "We miss her" poem.":

Oh Jim and Mrs. Jim- I feel your love for Adi in this post. The love for a pet is as precious as any other. I still dream about my doggie. It's been many years. My heart still aches. I ached with you as I read this.

Posted by Gel to JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE at Thursday, September 15, 2016 10:19:00 AM

2. Marian has left a new comment on your post "Adi is gone ~~ a "We miss her" poem":

I'm so sorry, Jim. So difficult. Love to your household!

Posted by Marian to JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE at Thursday, September 15, 2016 10:22:00 AM


3. Gillena Cox has left a new comment on your post "Adi is gone ~~ a "We miss her" poem":

this is a tear jerker Jim, my belated condolences

much love...

Posted by Gillena Cox to JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE at Thursday, September 15, 2016 11:26:00 AM

4. Stacie Eirich has left a new comment on your post "Adi is gone ~~ a "We miss her" poem":

Oh, Jim, you've made me cry. In the last year I lost both my previous pets (two cats, 18 and 19 yrs old) -- both of them having lived half my life with me -- it was heartbreaking. Although we've recently adopted two new kittens, they will never fully be a replacement for the two that held my heart so long. Like you, I was the one there at the end for both of them, and remember the last hug, kiss and words I gave them. Your doggie was well loved, and you'll see him again in heaven. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Stacie Eirich to JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE at Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:18:00 PM

5. rhymeswithbug.com (https://rhymeswithbug.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Adi is gone ~~ a "We miss her" poem":

lovely tribute to a dear friend

Posted by rhymeswithbug.com to JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE at Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:19:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home