Thursday, November 20, 2014

Carpe Diem ~~ Escape

My current Carpe Diem poem is below.
The setting for my inspiration follows here first from my prior blog post:
(Here is a Link to my prior blog post of September 24, 2008)

"""Now, all work and no play make Adi and Jim dull kids:


 
Our morning began with a nice walk back from the golf pro shop where Mrs. Jim dropped us off for her 8:40 tee time. She went golfing with her buds. Actually my day began with a Tuesday morning Bible study with about 15 other men at the club house. Then our walk. [super sized picture]

Too bad Adi isn't a counting dog, she could enjoy herself counting all these horse apples that the winds from Hurricane Ike blew off. Adi can count to two and six, one bite of graham cracker is never enough when I'm taking my medicine. She has one bite and then the second when I am on pill number six. [
super sized picture]

[The part especially pertinent to Carp Diem tanka poem below, "Escape"]:

We ended up down in the quiet area of the golf course. It is down from our house just a short walk away. The lake is up after our rains but it will be lowered soon for inspection of the dam. Hurricane Ike may have damaged it as did Hurricane Rita three years ago. That year the lake remained empty all next summer still while the dam was being repaired. [super sized picture]

Adi got tired, she is tiring more easily now in her older years. (
My Autumn poem link)

In case you don't go to that link, here is the picture I have posted there:"""

[large picture] [super sized

My tanka poem for today's challenge:
 
Escape
 
Adi and I would
Hide down in the quiet place
I still do that now
But Adi is gone, she died
Quiet here, I miss Adi
 
 - - - - -

Photos, and Poem Copyright, © 2008, and 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
Instructions are there

 
 Adi died September 17, 2012  (read my tribute to her here)
 

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Adas Alcove said...

Nice tribute. I'm sure this autumn weather is a little colder with out your friend.

 
At Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I`m sorry for your loss...such a nice tribute!! I used to escape on long walks with my Desirée ...she is no longer with me either.

 
At Friday, November 21, 2014 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Quiet places are great for visiting sweet memories.

A Way of Escape

 
At Friday, November 21, 2014 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Janice said...

It is wonderful to visit our departed friends in our memories.

 
At Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:22:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

It's great to have some quiet places in our lives to refresh and recharge, Dr Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home