Sunday, September 04, 2011

One Single Impression: Weed

.
The Weed 

 Lowly weed growing in a sidewalk crack 
Trampled by many yet noticed by some 
 Wise bodies busy rush, they see me not 
Seems old and young enjoy my friendly smiles 
 The young pluck my smiles, bouquets for their Mums 
Savored by old, adorning their lapels 
 Though I'm just a weed in the sidewalk crack 
For some my blossoms are pretty flowers
Dreamers see what wisemen can't 
 ??]
- - - - - - - 

Photo and Poem Copyright ©2007, 2011 Jimmiehov All Rights Reserved
- - - - - - - -
Prompt word, Wheat, was suggested by Gabrielle at Wild Goose Scoops Moon 
Find more poems at One Single Impression using "Weed" as prompt
The flower pictured is from a previous post . It was found growing by the sidewalk in Killarney, Ireland. I did not notice but a part of it may have been growing from a crack in that sidewalk.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At Sunday, September 04, 2011 1:34:00 AM, Anonymous mareymercy said...

Oh, I do like how this ends! Lovely.

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2011 3:22:00 AM, Blogger Geraldine said...

very nice Jim, great use of the prompt. this pic was taken on a significant date for me.

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2011 3:38:00 AM, Blogger Ramesh Sood said...

Beautiful poem this! Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder..

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely weed ..!!

 
At Monday, September 05, 2011 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Nanka said...

Great one Jim! Loved it! I agree that some weeds bloom very delicately among'st the emerald green and I believe all weeds are not pests but are used medicinally too.

My OSI Post - Dandelions

 
At Monday, September 05, 2011 1:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, sweet. I made many a bouquets with those 'weeds'.

 
At Monday, September 05, 2011 8:26:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

Beautiful weed and a lovely story indeed Jim. Nice sentiments in this poem.

 
At Monday, September 05, 2011 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Nicely put.

 
At Tuesday, September 06, 2011 6:51:00 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Each line is so true. Nice write.

 
At Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:56:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

And those "some" are everything. Beautiful poem, Jim.

 
At Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

That is very sweetly written Jim! And so very true- mine is kind of along the same line (kind of). Have a great week!

 
At Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:26:00 PM, Blogger aurbie said...

Love the photo. Beautiful poem, eloquently written, and moving. I love the weeds of fall. Some of them make beautiful table decorations.

I left a post on my site about adding to your early-week short story post and our non-relations. My battery is dying or I would add more. This post will self-destruct in 5,4,3...

 
At Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:25:00 AM, Blogger vivinfrance said...

I like the way you write in the voice of the weed (a plant in the wrong place, so they say)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home