Sunday, July 31, 2011

One Single Impression: Uncomfortable

.

Uncomfortable
A little discomfort when I awoke
They said that was how it would be

Two Oxycontins and a morphine drip
Little plus 'on demand' all helped a bit

Red, red rose, loving gift from my sweetheart,
That thoughtfulness from her helped me so much

Best of all she was there her smiling face
Always there ever glowing in the night

- - - - - - - -
Photos and Poem Copyright
© 2011 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
- - - - - - - -
Find more poems at
One Single Impression using "Uncomfortable" as prompt


On July 18th my orthopedic surgeon replaced my left knee joint with a pre-manufactured one. I came home from the hospital on Friday. A blog series about 'My Operation" is currently in progress at Jim's Little Blog.




On July 19, 2017, I also linked this to "The Imaginary Gardem with Real Toads" in honor of their sixth year anniversary, at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-tuesday-platform_18.html

I didn't know then but July 18th would also be the beginning of my opioid addiction. 
.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:14:00 PM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Nice one. Hope it's all okay.

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful...you have the best to counteract pain...!!

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:21:00 PM, Anonymous Ray said...

You look so downright happy to be so down and out.

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:23:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

I hope you are feeling better Jim. Your poem is wonderful and I love the last line "Best of all she was there her smiling face. Always there ever glowing in the night."

 
At Monday, August 01, 2011 3:33:00 AM, Blogger PremI said...

So well written...
The pain and positive approach captured so well...
She is indeed a sweet heart.
Take care.

 
At Monday, August 01, 2011 3:57:00 AM, Blogger Nanka said...

Hope you are alright now Jim and no more discomfort!! Smiles :)

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:37:00 AM, Anonymous Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Lovely verse. Fell better soon!

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:50:00 AM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

Hello Jim,

Hope you are feeling well now. Your picture and poem both are sweet!

Take care.

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh Jim- I sure hope being uncomfortable is a thing of the past with your new knee! That is in my future at some point (says my Dr.). I feel your pain- literally! Take care and be well~~

 
At Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is wonderful when you have the special person to help you get through anything!Feel better Jim please!

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2011 5:03:00 PM, Blogger gsb3 said...

You are a trooper to go through such a difficult experience and keeping your head up through it all. I'm sure your wife was wonderfully supportive as well. I'm glad you had her there with you. It is always great to have those we love near to us.

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2011 8:20:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

God bless you and that knee. These inventions can be a new lease on life. I am so glad you had a loving and supportive partner with you. Wonderful!

 
At Monday, August 08, 2011 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Saras said...

Get well soon Jim! And tell us all about it. Lond time no see.

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:58:00 PM, Anonymous seasideauthor said...

This is a really true life post. Wow!
Absolutely great picture. You must be the best patient they have ever had!
I like the way drip and bit read, smoothly. I hope it all continues smoothly for your recovery!

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:04:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Please take care, Dr Jim.

 
At Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:32:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Well done Jim for feeling like blogging so soon after. With a op due in September hope they will zonk me out too!

 
At Friday, July 21, 2017 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

addiction... that must have been quite the journey - and I hope you conquered it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home