Sunday, June 26, 2011

One Single Impression: Seven Sins

.


.
Seven Sins

There are seven sins
that I would never commit
lying isn't one

- - - - -

The Man Who Said He Never Sinned

There was a man who said he never sinned
I lead a good life and God knows me well
God knows you well but, but do you know God

Only one man never sinned--Son of God
Seven sins or seventy there's just one
Sends you to Hell--Ignore not call of God

Jesus Son of God Man who never sinned
Wants your trust and belief He is waiting
Ask Him He will forgive and save your soul


- - - - -

Poem Copyright
© 2011 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


- - - - - - - -

Prompt word, Seven Sins, suggested by Fiducia at Rivera's Flame and Ice
Find more poems at
One Single Impression using "Seven Sins" as prompt
Picture from Wikipedia (link):
Lucifer - torturing souls as well as being tortured himself in hell (Les Très Riches Heures du duc de Berry, by the Limbourg brothers.)

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:13:00 AM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

Haiku : made me laugh. Thanks.
Poem : HE always forgives. One just needs to be humble and ask. I think that is what I have done in my post.

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:08:00 AM, Blogger Ramesh Sood said...

This is beautiful.. well done..

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haiku was witty and authored well to suit the theme..
Poem, so true..each word of it haunts you!! It's only HIM we need to think of....pray for our souls to be washed of sin!! Amazing one!!

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, yeah, I had to chuckle at that haiku!

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:23:00 AM, Blogger sgreerpitt said...

hi jim! Long time...
I like the first little verse, "lying isn't one" - indeed!!

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seven sins were told by men...not by God...maybe a sin is just a matter between God and us

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, am I glad that lying isn't one of those seven sins!!

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You've artfully penned a relationship that relies on forgiveness. Well done.
http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/06/26/seven-steps-to-gehenna/

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:54:00 AM, Anonymous Amity said...

This is very true Jim!
As Christians we do believe in that, and never tell that to the atheist or pagans!

And lying isn't one? Ha ha...nice! I wish to believe in that too! You must convince me...

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:38:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

The haiku is hysterical- True Jim!!! I had trouble with this prompt- let me know what you think... Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home