Sunday, May 22, 2011

One Single Impression: Rambling

.
Rambling

Forgive me if I ramble.
I love to talk.
My soul can sprout a tale.
Or it can regurgitate
some old time stuff which
most wish was forgotten.

My soul loves to ramble.
My tongue is civil, always.
Even so it can spew
venomous utterings at will
if you cross me. Still
I wish to keep my audience entranced.

My tongue has roots down deep within.
Far beyond the prying X-ray they rest,
my roots of cheer blending with
the roots of good will,
generous to a fault.

Giving of what's within me is my goal.
Those body parts three all work together,
my soul, my tongue, the roots down deep.

From solemn thoughts to silly gobbledygook
it all comes from the same briny root sac.
That red and bulging organ strains at times
but has never let me down.

The puss and the blood remain;
still the ever flowing thoughts fly
with featherless wings from my tongue.
Forgive me when I ramble.

- - - - - - - -

Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2011 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved



- - - - - - - -


Prompt word, Rambling, suggested by Gerry at http://strummedwords.blogspot.com/
Find more poems at
One Single Impression using "Rambling" as prompt

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

direct and clear...very good Jim.!!

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:44:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

I love to ramble too, Dr Jim :)

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny and sounds pretty honest.
You must be related to my husband as he is the same way...talk, talk, talk. ramble, ramble, ramble lol

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Ramesh Sood said...

Beautiful Jim.. I took time to read and read it twice.. happy that I did.. ya...

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:23:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

I always enjoy the humor and cleverness in your poetry. Nicely done Jim.

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2011 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

Dear Jim, forgiven!

for having given such candid words which by no standard can be called rambling.

Thanks.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:13:00 AM, Anonymous shail said...

If this is how you ramble, all is forgiven, ramble on! :) Loved it.

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

"Giving of what's within me is my goal.
Those body parts three all work together,
my soul, my tongue, the roots down deep."
Great lines and so true- and I think that we all need to ramble on every so often, don't you? Have a great weekend!

 
At Friday, May 27, 2011 4:03:00 PM, Anonymous Jingle said...

delightful rambling.
cheers.

 
At Monday, June 13, 2011 9:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a thrill to land on your amazing poetry land.
Cheers.
Come sharing your poetry with us today,
First time participants are welcome sharing 1 to 3 random poems or poems unrelated to our theme.

Blessings.
Hope to see you linked in.
Happy Tuesday!
Hugs.
xoxox

 
At Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:06:00 PM, Anonymous Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I liked this very much!

I stopped by to thank you for your kind words and for posting a limerick on my blog. I hope you'll consider participating in my weekly Limerick-Offs!

It's always nice to meet another lawyer/poet. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home