Sunday, June 05, 2011

One Single Impression: Endure

.
Endure

Endure was told to me,
be tough and buckle up.

We don't have to endure.
Precedent from the bard,
Shakespeare himself I bare:

"BRUTUS:
... I had rather be a dog, and howl the moon,
Than be such a Roman.
CASSIUS:
Brutus, bait not me,
I'll not endure it. You forget yourself
To hedge me in. I am a soldier, ...
" *

Hence when told to endure,
bait me not, I'll suck in
fight like a soldier man.

*Act IV, Scene III, Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare (link)
Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2011 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved

- - - - - - - -
Prompt word, Endure, suggested by Teri C
at
Terri's Mandala's and Haiku
Find more poems at One Single Impression using "Endure" as prompt

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, June 05, 2011 1:04:00 AM, Anonymous Amity said...

Yes man! Endure and be a brave soldier man!

Intriguing exchange of words bet Cassius and Brutus!

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:05:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Yes, we must endure. Great words.

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Geraldine said...

Oh good one Jim! What fun and so true too.

www.takeahappybreak.com
www.myreallifereviews.com

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:49:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I like this. Very well done.

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 3:21:00 PM, Anonymous Pam said...

And whatever you do don't cry!

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:22:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Yes, indeed. I love your take on this and the fun of the post.

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun and true. Your trip to NE must have been fun and inspiring.

 
At Monday, June 06, 2011 9:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is sweet and so fun Jim!!

 
At Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Amanda Moore said...

This was such a wonderful idea a bit of your own prose and an excerpt from the man of prose himself!

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always have something super interesting for OSI !! loving each visit here :)

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I guess it's safe to say that you wouldn't win any endurance contests, eh, Jim? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home